Original topic:

Disassembly help for DV42H5200EP/A3

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 11:14 AM)
usertz8wwTYfnM
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have watched countless videos describing in great detail how to disassemble my dryer, however, when it comes to "simply remove the screws holding the control panel in place, release the plastic catches on the top of the control panel, gently pull up and back and remove the control panel" mine does not come off.  There are two little catches that look more like locators in the middle of the control panel on the bottom that seem to be holding it in place.  I have tried EVERYTHING including "helping it" with a couple of good shots to the bottom of the control panel but still nothing.  We had a guy out a while ago who was able to disassemble it but I was not home and did not see how he did this.  Naturally my wife was of no help.  How does this control panel come off?  It feels like it may be a screw directly in the middle bottom of the control panel that is preventing it from coming off but I cannot see it if there is one there.  Somebody PLEASE help!!  I need to replace the idle pulley with an updated one that does not go out every 6 months!  Thanks in advance!  Mike

1 Reply
usertz8wwTYfnM
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Seems like this may be a common issue? 

Thanks anyway guys.  If anyone has any ideas, I am open.  I may have to call the repair guy back and see what he did.

Thanks again!

Mike

0 Likes