cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usergJXUv5c2SA
Asteroid

Disgusted with Samsung

I purchased a Samsung washer approximately 5 to 6 years ago and in the last month I’ve been having issues. The drum is violently banging against the side of the washer which results in the machine to cycle back to the rinse and spin continuously. This machine was part of a recall. Spoke with Samsung did calibration and resetting as recommended and the machine seem to be getting worse.  This issue is well documented on Samsung's forums and judging from the class action lawsuit seems to be a common defect with the washing machines.  Via chat I spoke with a Samsung rep (chat is documented) and they offered a full refund with receipt or the current value of the machine $599.25. I was told to submit paperwork with receipt. All paper work, copy of Samsung chat indicating they would give me a “FULL REFUND” due to the fact that it’s a recalled machine was sent via e-mail. Today my husband gets a call from Lynne C from the exchange processing department. She states the chat agent made a mistake and provided incorrect information and that Samsung will only refund $274.84! I think its unaccepatable to receive a pro-rated refund as its unfair to have to purchase a new washer after 5 years - this does not represent the Samsung brand well or the integrity of the company. The full refund should be honored based on the documented problems with your washers and on the word of YOUR EMPLOYEE.  I am completely disgusted with this company. 

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusted with Samsung

Could you provide a transaction number so that I can look into this further?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

i have the same machine with same recal, but mine never startred vibrating or banging as yours did. mine is also 5 years old and was only offered $34 for a refund.

i went the route of repair to fix the brown sludge reside issues that is common with these units. and it had been a nightmare and a waist of two months trying to get someone to honor the one time out of warranty repair for my washing machine. First tech (Tekniton) showed up with a camera (no tools) and did not even begin to  disassemble the unit. I HAD to pull of the pulsator cap to show him the brown sludge underneath! - later found out that Tekniton is a worthless company.

then i was told i had to complete the recal and then they would address the real problem of the brown sludge residue. and that after the recal was completed i would have a renewed 1 year warranty.

with recall complete, set up for tech to come out to address the real issue. Then the evening before, Tekniton left a message saying that there was mold and cancelled my appiontment. I called Samsung back, and was 100% assured that a tech would arrive today to inspect my washing maching. Guess who didnt show up? Tekniton. took the day off just to be here all day for Tekniton to bail on my assured appointment.

Called Tekniton to ask why i have not heard from the Tech yet, and was told that since my machine had rust and mold they were not comming out. I ask where to result for mode came from and what type of mode it was? Then it changed to your machine shows sings of rust and in the pics it looked like mold (because no one took any samples nor actually tested for mold) or mildue. And they were not coming out because Samsung doesnt cover mold.

Called Samsung back, and they said they didnt know why Tekniton was refusing to come out.

Two months in still un-resolved. Samsung still has not even got a tech to come out, disassemble the unit to find out what is the actual problem. From the form, i know others with the same issue has at least had a tech come out to dissasemble and inspect the unit. I can not even get that to happen and now i under warranty.

Samsung promisied a one time out of warranty inspection and repair for this issue. Then assused my that now that i am in warranty after the recall repair, that they finally have someone inspect and repair my unit. after two months, nothing but headaces and still continue to get brown sludge on my cloths and see lots of it in the cleaning cycle.

model - WA48H7400AW/A2

<edit>

userUEC1BzmaEr
Asteroid

more info

I have the model - WA48H7400AW/A2 with same recall, and same disgusting brown residue. And have ran multiple cleaning cycles to no avail. The posted solution to all of these brown sludge problems DOES NOT WORK and is misleading. One lady at Samsung said that the drain wholes can become misaligned in this model series. So you can see how that would lead to water being left behind in the lower basket and allow this brown sludge to form accumulate.

And the recall refund offer was a slap in the face. mine is 5 years old and was only offered $34 for a refund. Obviously this is a very wide spread problem for this model series. Just look at all the complaints and pics in these forms.

i went the route of repair to fix the brown sludge reside issues that is common with these units. and it had been a nightmare and a waist of two months trying to get someone to honor the promised "one time out of warranty repair for my washing machine". I contacted a Samsung moderator in one of the other brown sludge Disgusting forms (which i cannot reply to now). and was told a tech would be out to thoroughly inspect my washing machine and repair it. First tech (Tekniton) showed up with a camera (no tools) and did not even begin to disassemble the unit. I HAD to pull of the pulsator cap to show him the brown sludge underneath! - later found out that Tekniton is a worthless company.

then i was told i had to complete the recall and then they would address the real problem of the brown sludge residue. and that after the recall was completed, i would have a renewed 1 year warranty.

with recall complete, set up for tech to come out to address the real issue. Then the evening before, Tekniton left a message saying that there was mold and cancelled my appointment. I called Samsung back, and was 100% assured that a tech would arrive the next day as scheduled to inspect my washing machine and my appointment was confirmed still active. Guess who didnt show up? Tekniton. I took the day off just to be here all day for Tekniton to bail on my assured appointment.

Called Tekniton to ask why i have not heard from the Tech yet, and was told that since my machine had rust and mold they were not coming out. I ask where the result for mold came from and what type of mode it was? Then it changed to your machine shows signs of rust and in the pics and it looked like mold or mildew. So they claimed mold with no verification. And they were not coming out because Samsung doesnt cover mold. That is not the case because Samsung requested form them to come. Samsung approved for a tech to come out and thoroughly inspect the unit and perform repairs as necessary. Maybe they are claiming the residue is rust with is insane – rust doesn’t smudge. there is way to much residue and too little rust on this unit to add up. plus when the residue is on my clothes, you have to be careful not to smudge it when removing it to prevent staining more clothes. there is no way this is rust buildup.

Called Samsung back, and they said they didnt know why Tekniton was refusing to come out.

Since i do have some rust around the bleach reservoir, that is another recall and they will now have a tech come out to address that. And then i have to press the tech to look at the brown sludge residue. so that they will indicate there are other issues with the unit that need repaired. Now Tekniton refused to accept the job to repair the bleach rust recall. And i am waiting for Samsung to find another company to accept the job.

Two months in still un-resolved. Samsung still has not even got a tech to come out, disassemble the unit to find out what is the actual problem. From the form, i know others with the same issue has at least had a tech come out to disassemble and inspect the unit. I cannot even get that to happen and now i am even under warranty.

Samsung promised a one time out of warranty inspection and repair for this issue. Then assured me that now that i am in warranty after the recall repair, that they will finally have someone inspect and repair my unit. After two months, nothing but headaches and still continue to get brown sludge on my cloths and see lots of it in the cleaning cycles. And i have to run not one but two cleaning cycles back to back. if you only run one, the next load of clothes with be covered in brown sludge residue. This all is just unbelievable. And Samsung need to sever their ties with Tekniton or at least in the Charlotte, NC area.

model - WA48H7400AW/A2

SN - 0BHH5AUF101241R

first ticket - 4150734084 / second ticket 4150957872 / special claim # 5123497304