cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userxTllncNlHk
Constellation

Disgusting Brown Residue

I've had my washer for a little over two years and have non-stop disgusting brown residue with every wash.  What is Samsung doing to fix this?  I see all the other similar/related issues.  Make this issue right by providing a solution.  

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusting Brown Residue

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Have tried the following troubleshooting steps in the link below? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userMNh2JWLwVi
Constellation

Re: Disgusting Brown Residue and horrible stench

Have the same problem with our washer. The pulsator traps mold/dirt between the metal top portion and plastic bottom portion. Cleaning it out is not effective since the problem will re-appear. You have to replace the pulsator. Was told the tub is warrantied for 3 years so tried to chat with Samsung rep who was thick as a tree stump. So I called and spoke to rep Elizabeth who tried her best but was also told to tell me that the pulsator is not part of the tub. Seriously? It shows up on Samsungs part list as a tub part. I just wanted a replacement pulsator and I would have replaced it. But lesson learnt - stay away from Samsung, IMO. They have a large share of market and that is probably why they can be callous...

userCKROBo6c7R
Constellation

Wow, same thing happening here! 4 year old machine coated in brown slimy grime. Wasn't sure if I'd find anything in my search but realizing now this is a regular problem with Samsung's poor designed Activewash top loader and other models as well. I haven't found anyone who has has success cleaning the grime without it coming back or troubleshooting this problem in any way. I always leave the top open after every wash ,pull out the detergent door, and run regular clean cycles. What is Samsung doing about this fatal flaw?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with the model and serial number as well as some photos of the residue?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.