cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Disgusting brown sludge and grime in washer

We purchased the Samsung WA54M8750A top load washing machine 2 years ago. We have used the self clean monthly, and am very aware of keeping the lid open when there is no laundry in there. We have 5 kids so it gets plenty of use, however the past few months I have been noticing more and more brown residue when I take our clothes out after a wash cycle. I started using the Tide Washing machine cleaner and was so disgusted the first time I opened it up after running that cycle and there were piles of brown sludge sitting in the basin and all over the walls. But I thought well good that worked, I can wipe it out and see what happens...I  have ran many cycles since and used homemade cleaner of vinegar and baking soda and all have not fixed the brown sludge.  What is the solution and am disappointed after reading similar reviews today on how many washing machines this affects? We have a warranty and am hopeful that if Samsung does not know how to remedy this, that a refund would be made. With all of the technology out there these days, I find it hard to believe a product would make it through all of the testing knowing it hoards residue/mold/bacteria and the self clean doesn’t even touch it. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusting brown sludge and grime in washer

I'm sorry to hear that, just to confirm have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.