cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Disgusting residue from top loading washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've  tried all the suggested solutions and still have brown debris coming up with every load of wash. It looks like there's  a problem with your product and I want  to know what you plan to do about  it. My machine is only  3 years  old and is useless. My clothes come out worse than when they go in. I now have  to go to a laundromat because  we can't  afford  a new washer. You're  losing  customers Samsung. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusting residue from top loading washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out have you tried the following? 

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
  4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
  7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
  8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
  9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

If this does not help please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out have you tried the following? 

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
  4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
  7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
  8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
  9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

If this does not help please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please explain to me what is causing this same thing to happen in my top loading washing machine!

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be more than happy to assist with this.  Could you send me a private message so that i can get some additional information from you? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Top Load ONLY - The build up - Mold - Mildew - Residue - sludge - floaties -  is a result of using Tide HE/Downy, and not cleaning your machine frequently enough.  Tide and Downy use a lot of wax in their product, and the Samsung won't clear it all.  This happened to me two times.  I've stopped using Tide and Downy.

To CLEAN your machine one-time, do NOT follow any instructions found on this site.  I ran a gallon of Vinegar in a HOT cycle, stopped before spin, let it sit overnight, spin, re-rinsed, spin - still had floaties - I DID THIS TWICE.  After each cycle, I hand cleared the water with a fine-mess strainer - still had floaties.  I ran a washing machine cleaner tablet in a HOT cycle, again, stopped before spin, let it sit overnight, rinsed, still had floaties. I worked on this washer for DAYS.  My wife was ready to sell it as-is, and get a new washer.  STOP - Google "Samsung Top Load Agitator removal" and you'll find you only have to remove 1 BOLT, and lift out the agitator.  On the underside of the agitator, you'll find your build up.  Pressure wash (if you have one), or scrub with a old toothbrush, soft brush, etc.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My agitator was hard to get off but got it and cleaned it really well. Still brown stuff. It looks like the middle part that sticks up and bolt goes into is rusted. Cleaned with vinegar and wire brush. Do you know if there is a way to protect that metal part from rusting? Thx!