cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Disgusting residue in washing machine after every wash!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Washibg machine model #WA52M8650AV/A4 is leaving white & brown residue after EVERY wash. We have tried the Self clean cycle, bleach, cleaning vinegar nothing is working! We also took apart the washing machine. Cleaned under the pulsator and took out entire drum to clean. After putting everything back together there is still lots of residue!!! Where is it coming from?? How do I drain it out?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusting residue in washing machine after every wash!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out have you tried the following? 

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
  4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
  7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
  8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
  9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

If this does not help please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This will never go away.  The piece under the drum looks like this.  The material of this piece reacts witht the stainless on the drum and corrodes.  That corrosion is ruining your clothes.  My washer is 4 years old and supposedly had a full warranty on it after having a recall done and samsung would not honor it.  Never buying one again.samsung_top_load_001.jpgsamsung_top_load_003.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have ready many of the posts.  I have been washing finer clothes by hand.  I tell my husband not to buy certain things since I no longer have a washing machine.  Since we all have had to use SO much water to try to clean these machines, is it possible to start aclass action against Samsung for false advertising?  Obviously they are not water saving machines.  Also,  how good for the environment could it be to use bleach over and over again.  I am sickened that my family is exposed to the mold AND the bleach.  I ASSUME THAT THESE MACHINES ARE A HEALTH HAZARD.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.

If this does not help please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

I wish I had read all these posts before I spent several hours speaking with multiple Samsung representatives.  I asked specifically if any one had reported this problem and was told no. Black/brown residue after running self clean with bleach.Black/brown residue after running self clean with bleach.

residue removed from tub after self clean.residue removed from tub after self clean.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information from you? :http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same problem!!! Never ever going to buy Samsung washing machine ever again. I am just so disgusted with all the stuff that comes out every after washing!!! I have tried all the "suggested" cleaning methods posted here in this forum and no luck. ADA70623-3051-4F4B-9B05-854E765E32C3.jpeg

885B6DFD-3B84-4005-B29E-54CB4BFF078C.jpeg

85F55E50-3090-4072-A1F9-CAB98A4AB31C.jpeg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have this same problem. The Self clean instructions do not solve this problem. We have run the self clean instructions a dozen times and still it looks like our cloths were washed in a swamp. Our Machine is only 1.5 years old. What a waste of Money. Words can't describe my dissatisfaction with Samsung right now.