Original topic:

Dryer(DV56H9100GG/A2) control panel lights off but dryer works?

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 8:15 AM)
useryq99NeAwjV
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

Dryer model #:DV56H9100GG/A2,

I went to put close in dryer.  I turned it on and as soon as I went to touch the dial, the lights on the control panel went off.  I can still hear the selection noises when spinning the dial, but all lights are off on the display.  I am able to start the dryer and it heats fine, but I cant see selections.  I banged around gently on display to see if maybe something came loose slightly, but no sign of light.  Can anyone help fix this issue?  Thank you.

3 Replies
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
You will need to replace the control board. This happened to mine. I was able to find a part in eBay for a reasonable price. It only about 10 minutes to disconnect and install the new part. Your part# is DC92-01647B. Watch a couple of YouTube videos for insight. And you are all set. Good luck.
0 Likes
useryq99NeAwjV
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I remember a couple of times, a while back, the lights would be on but the knob would not select anything or move the selection light.  It doesnt do that anymore by the way.  It happened a couple of times and I unplugged and plugged back in and it was fine.  Do you think this part you've listed has anything to do with this issue as well?

0 Likes
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
Yes, this should correct that also. If that's all it was. This part will give you a new display.
0 Likes