cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer DVE50M7450/A3 won't start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The lights turn on, but the drum won't turn.  It seems from the forum posts that this could be a heat sensor issue.  Do those burn out with use, or do they only trip or burn out because of an actual problem?  I inherited this dryer with the house so I don't know its age, but it's at least several years old.  And before I start taking this thing apart and ordering one, is there any other troubleshooting step I can take?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer DVE50M7450/A3 won't start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all cycles? And have you tried to flip the breaker? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I tried flipping the breaker. And it did not help. It doesn't seem to matter which cycle or setting we put it on. It beeps and the selector dial turns and lights up the different settings, but the motor simply does not start.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in original post