Original topic:

Cracked Dryer Drum: How to get fixed

(Topic created: 08-01-2021 04:12 PM)
JonesM3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The dryer has a thumping noise while running and the drum is cracked. The warranty is expired (because they are extremely short), but this dryer is only 2 and a half years old, so this is really frustrating to have such significant damage on an appliance that has seen normal use and has not been abused.  This can easily rip clothes and could strike a fire if lint got trapped in there!!!  Any suggestions?20200718_072445.jpg

44 Replies
craigML3TO
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

+1 for another cracked Samsung dryer drum.

Purchased from Costco in Feb 2017 (grey) with matching Washing machine.  Really pleased with it until recently when the metal dryer drum cracked. Sharp metal crack is dangerous to people and clothes. Potentially lint could fall through crack and cause a fire risk.   Disappointed to discover it's a known issue with Samsung dryers.  Now outside of Samsung 1 year warranty and Costco 2 year warranty, a replacement drum is $400 plus labor.

I posted this issue earlier and my post was deleted with a link to another thread with the statement that the solution was resolved.  I don't see the solution.  Does anyone have any guidance please?

Cracked Samsung dryer drumCracked Samsung dryer drum

Cracked Samsung dryer drumCracked Samsung dryer drum

0 Likes
craigML3TO
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

+1 for Samsung customer support.  

I reached out to Samsung customer support online and they helped me schedule the repair.  The drum was replaced and the dryer is working again.  Thank-you Samsung customer support for your outstanding assistance!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Fantastic!  We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userXx4Rk1ocIi
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have had this dryer for about 3.5 years and I also have a cracked drum again! After reading about all the issues with Samsung not wanting to assist customers when our first drum cracked we just repaired it out of our pocket. But I am irritated that less than 5 months later the new drum is cracked as well. I do not want to drop another dime into this machine as we also had to replace the heating element in it twice. I do not understand how so many people can complain about the drum cracking in these dryers and there is no assistance. Now I am stuck with a dryer that is loud as all get out and need to just but a new one. 

0 Likes
userA3LaZpZNFU
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello Samsung Support,

I got a big hole in my dryer drum which cracked open yesterday during the dryer session. There was a big noise and upon looking found the crack. Does it fall under any recall ? This is very dangerous in my opinion since i had this gas dryer. What can be done now and how can you guys fix it?

IMG_0011.JPG