Original topic:

Dryer HE code

(Topic created: 07-21-2020 04:56 PM)
user9k1B13hOUx
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer shuts off after a couple minutes and shows a HE code. I cleaned all the vents, & replaced the Heat Exchanger, Thermostat. It didn't fix the problem and I have no idea now what it could be? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can you provide me with your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9k1B13hOUx
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

@SamsungTam wrote:

Can you provide me with your full model code?

@SamsungTam 

DV45H7000

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

This error code (HE) means that the dryer is getting too hot.

The most common cause is a clogged lint screen or vent system trapping heat in the dryer. Clean the lint screen, vent system, or both to correct the error. If the error code hasn't gone away, the dryer will require service.  Could you send me a private message with transaction numbers from your previous repairs or your dryer's model code and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please provide the serial number as well. When was the dryer purchased?

0 Likes
useryI8ND2qgmp
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm the homeowner. About 6 weeks ago the dryer stopped - drum would not turn, error showed tO. Ordered OEM heating element assembly and thermistor. Replaced heating element assembly, no change. Replaced thermistor. Dryer began working fine. Now, 6 weeks later, the dryer will run for less than a minute, stops, and it shows an hE (overheating) error. No lint issue. Pulled new heating element assembly out. Tested for short on new heating element. No issue. Put original assembly back in after testing for short on old heating element. No short on old element. Started dryer and same behavior, runs less than a minute, stops, error code hE. Would appreciate next suggested troubleshooting steps. Thanks.

0 Likes
NOMONEYwrk
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Check the vent line and maybe use a shop vacuum or leaf blower also make sure the exhaust hose is not pinched and do an extra drain and spin before switching to dryer
0 Likes
springdinger
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Check your vent it may be clogged causing it to over heat if that's not it it will be you main control board at that point
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to assist you. You will want to check the vent to make sure the damper is opening, and there are no other blockages. An easy test is to disconnect the vent from the back to see if the dryer runs normally. You can find other troubleshooting information at the following link. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01207445/

0 Likes
useryI8ND2qgmp
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I guess that I should not have been so concise. No lint issue meant that I had checked everything for kinks, blockages, lint build up, in other words, no airflow problems. That was the first and most common step in everything I read online before posting.

My wife ran the dryer on the air-fluff setting (no heat) and the dryer ran for a long time with no issues.

Are there any tests I can perform to confirm that as 'springdinger' suggested, the main control board is at fault?

And by the way, SamsungLou , Mr. Moderator, the link you posted just takes you to the error code page that essentially says: Check for lint/blockages/airflow issues, and if not call for service. Not very helpful.

0 Likes