cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Dryer continues to spin at 1 min for hours

I have a DV209A dryer. In timed modes and in sensor modes, the dryer will heat up and dry the clothes then cool down. It just continues to spin after cooling down. The screen displays 1 min left but never counts down from 1 min.

I have tried resetting the breaker after 10 min and the same symptom happened.

I unplugged the dryer for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. it counted down to 1 min and continue to spin until I pressed the power button.

Unlike some of the other issues I read in the community, Mine does cool off after drying. Also, it doesn't spin just because the door is shut. you have to press start.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Dryer continues to spin at 1 min for hours

It could be a wrinkle guard feature but from what you described, it is likely a software issue.
Constellation

Interestingly enough, last night it ran at 1 min for 35 mins.... then stopped. display states END.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001990/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.