Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-10-2020 12:35 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
uservSfwltJKe6
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Was laying in bed and kept hearing something making a ticking noise.. got to the dryer and found out that's where the sound was coming from and found the door cracked really bad .. I was scared it was going to shatter so I cut the dryer off.. now I'm scared to cut it back on

845A14F6-CC8F-496D-8370-93C53A226F78.jpeg

7564C78A-6945-4009-B10F-866AF1009BFE.jpeg

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no! Was there anything in the dryer that could have caused that to happened?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
uservSfwltJKe6
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

No.. there was only a few tshirts in there

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'd like to look into this further for you. Can you shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number?   http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3JnJEvZbfc
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

It's not just mine?  The outer door on our relatively new Samsung Dryer cracked on it's own.

Model  DVE45R6300W/A3 

Broken plastic radiating from the center of the outer panel.

To the person that commented that Samsung stated this was just a "cosmetic" issue...  That isn't the case.  My wife is mortified that our young children could potentially cut themselves on this if it continues to crack.

I hadn't received a response in the other thread about this, so hopefully this will get a response and correction from Samsung.   

This is a manufacturing and design defect, and Samsung needs to make it right!

IMG_9509.jpg

0 Likes
userdamzHn7HPF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

this is my partners washing machine door. Its the adwash part which is cracked and not use able.  Samsung don't want to know!!!20200720_165327.jpg

20200720_165345.jpg

20200720_165309.jpg

20200720_165231.jpg

0 Likes
userb0iXMkcmWz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I put a load to dry and went upstairs to check on my kids and when I came back to check I notice a huge crack on the outer plastic door of the dryer. What in the world just happened I don't know but am very disappointed because I really like my set of dryer and washer, what can I do now? I am afraid to keep on using.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userhNFHLrWrOV
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have just noticed that my outer plastic door is cracked on my 3 year old tumble dryer, this has happened overnight as was fine yesterday. It is in the utility room so no way of it getting knocked. This seems to be an ongoing problem.

4EF2F3F5-901C-4617-9923-A63AB7A45651.jpeg

image.jpg

0 Likes
userzI4Ukd82is
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Similar story. Our dryer is 6 years old but outer door has been cracked for years. My teenage son closed it with his knee today and shattered it - totally his fault. Trying to find the replacement sort but having a hard time locating it. Any hints?

Wayne

0 Likes