Original topic:

Dryer dv42h5000ew/a3 won’t stop heating / worried about a fire

(Topic created on: 1/7/21 8:21 AM)
userVuioRGwrVD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a DV42H5000EW/A3 dryer that works fine until it gets to the 1 minute display on the timer. At which point, it keeps running and doesn't shut off. I returned home the other day and it was still running. When I left it said 1 minute left and I was gone 45 minutes. When I opened the door, the clothes were hot enough to cause concern. At this point, I have ran the dryer and set a timer and on three additional / consecutive occasions, it runs at least 10 minutes past the timer being on one minute. I've stopped using the dryer at this point and would like some help troubleshooting / repairing. Not sure if there is a recall on this or it's a known defect, but I googled the model and the complaint seems to come up often. 
thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVuioRGwrVD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Any solution on this?  You needed the purchase information and other items. I replied with them and I still haven't heard anything. My homeowners insurance is coming up for renewal and during the inspection, I mentioned the dryer was not turning off and they were concerned too. Hoping you can help me out soon, it's been a while and I need help resolving this. 

patty

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I apologize, bur I am unable to find any information other than the model and serial numbers. Please select this PM Link and send the information there

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertz8wwTYfnM
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same model and am having a LOT od trouble finding and pertinent information about it.  I am trying to disassemble the dryer so I can change out a $15.00 part (idler pulley) which keeps going out every few months.  They do sell an upgraded idler pulley with ball bearings and I have it but I cannot get the display panel off the front of the unit and I don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars to find out it was something easy.  Let me know if you have any luck on yours.

0 Likes