JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer shuts off after 4 minutes

(Topic created: 06-02-2022 10:22 AM)
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have model DVE45T3200W.  I have found that using the timed cycles results in the dryer stopping after 4 minutes.  This happens about 1/2 the time I use it.  Example:  in the 20-minute cycle the timer will count down to 17 minutes, then the next change is to 1 minute, then it shuts off.  The clothes are not dry.  This happens when I use the "Delicate" cycle as well.  It shows an initial estimated time, counts down 3 minutes, changes to 1 minute, then shuts off.  I have done everything in the video provided for this issue.  Lint screen is clear, vent is clear, and I have cleaned the sensors (and sensors shouldn't matter for a timed cycle).  

I have a repair scheduled for June 21.  I told the scheduler the machine does not display any error codes.  He told me that if their diagnostic tests on the 21st don't show an error code they will not be able to do anything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no!  I completely understand the frustrations with a dryer not functioning as it should, but I am more than happy to look into this matter further to better assist.  Could you send me a private message with the transaction number that you were provided with the repair?  

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no!  I completely understand the frustrations with a dryer not functioning as it should, but I am more than happy to look into this matter further to better assist.  Could you send me a private message with the transaction number that you were provided with the repair?  

userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

The repair man performed diagnostics on my dryer today.  No error codes were displayed.  He told me that they won't do anything to fix my dryer.  I think he believed me when I said the problem is intermittent.  He suggested that I video record every load until I record the dryer shutting off after 4 minutes.  Samsung, I have better things to do with my time.  Further, my Samsung washer also malfunctions and doesn't display error codes.  But in that case I can make it repeat the problem.  After 6 repair visits Samsung declared it unrepairable and is refunding my purchase price.  Is there any way to do that with my dryer?  I'm really tired of watching my dryer to make sure it operates properly.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Likes