cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer won't turn off

Model DV45K6500GV/A3

We have had this dryer for only 14 months and now it will not turn off unless it is unplugged or the door is open. Even with the power off, if I close the door the tumbler rotates on it's own. 14 MONTHS! Are you kidding me? Of course the warranty is only 12 months. Well played Samsung. I doubt I will buy any Samsung appliances,  or recommend them to anyone, again.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer won't turn off

I'm sorry to hear that, just to confirm is the 3-hour fluff option turned off? Also, does this occur after running a light load of clothes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

3 hour fluff is off. It happens 100% of the time now. Even when turned off. Controll pad is dark. Close the door and . . . It starts tumbling.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi - I have the exact same issue on the same model. Did you get this resolved? If so, can you please advise?

Thanks.

Kate

Highlighted
Astronaut

My washer and dryer are both Samsung and were top of the line for their time. They are considered old now. But they something when the stackables first came out. They both still look and run beautifully. I am sorry for your trouble with these. I have often thought of upgrading. But I still love these. I think it would be neat to run things with my phone. Dang I'm getting old.lol I hope you can get them fixed easily enough.