Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My dryer won't turn off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # DVG45N5300V

Internet #304313663

Purchased from HOME DEPOT.

I threw in a load last night and woke up to the dryer still running.  I removed the clothes and they were dry, but cool to touch.  After closing the door, it continued to spin.  The only way to turn it off is to unplug it or leave the door propped open.  It continutes to spin when plugged in and even with the power/control panel is turned of.

PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: My dryer won't turn off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userM1msairjTL 

So what it sounds like is that the module in back controlling the "door sensor" needs to be replaced or reset.

I recommend calling 1-800-SAMSUNG to get a qualified technician to the house to have it checked out. It's not a difficult repair, but self repair is NOT RECOMMENDED.

Hope this helps a bit. Have a great day. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My dryer won't turn off!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userM1msairjTL

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model DV45K6500GV/A3

We have had this dryer for only 14 months and now it will not turn off unless it is unplugged or the door is open. Even with the power off, if I close the door the tumbler rotates on it's own. 14 MONTHS! Are you kidding me? Of course the warranty is only 12 months. Well played Samsung. I doubt I will buy any Samsung appliances,  or recommend them to anyone, again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, just to confirm is the 3-hour fluff option turned off? Also, does this occur after running a light load of clothes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3 hour fluff is off. It happens 100% of the time now. Even when turned off. Controll pad is dark. Close the door and . . . It starts tumbling.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - I have the exact same issue on the same model. Did you get this resolved? If so, can you please advise?

Thanks.

Kate

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer and dryer are both Samsung and were top of the line for their time. They are considered old now. But they something when the stackables first came out. They both still look and run beautifully. I am sorry for your trouble with these. I have often thought of upgrading. But I still love these. I think it would be neat to run things with my phone. Dang I'm getting old.lol I hope you can get them fixed easily enough.