Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Our dryer is running and won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

Please send me a private message so I can look further into this for you http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

DV42H5000GW/A3 won't stop running

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dryer will not stop rotating unless unplugged or door is left open. I've seen many posts about it but no solutions. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DV42H5000GW/A3 won't stop running

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

3. How long have you had the unit?
If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number located on the dryer. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I unplugged it overnight and it didn't fix the problem. 

I also ran a small load without wrinkle prevent and there was no heating. 

I've had the unit for around 1 year and a half. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send me a private message with your full serial number so we can look at some options for you.

http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem, what was the resolution on this? 

DV42H5000GW/A3 Wont stop running, even with power off to the dryer unless the door is open. I got it to heat by changing to a different cycle option but still running continuously. 

Need to know if I have to order a new control board or if there is a more simple switch or sensor that can be changed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replacing the control board fixed it for me. I had an extended warranty through Lowes. The repairman mentioned that this problem is very common. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer DV50k7500EV/A3 Dry Does Not Stop Tumbling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

had this dryer exactly 14 to 15 months, spent about $1200 on it. Wont stop tumbling when turned off, tried turning off from breaker and turning back on, tried unplugging from wall off for hours and back on..... still stuck tumbling and cant dry my clothes! Made a service ticket to check how much it cost... BECAUSE NOT IN WARRANTY FOR A PROBLEMS THOUSAND AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HAVING FOR YEARS!!! WHY IS THERE NO RECALL ON THIS! to even have it diagnosed it cost 80 dollars, then to fix it cost an extra cost and cost for parts ect!. was given a ballpark cost around 350-450bucks. THIS IS BULL!  It didnt even last a year and 3 months! my old dryer i had cost me 100bucks on craigslist and lasted me 8 years! it will be cheaper for me to buy a new cheaper dryer then to fix this one thats not even promising that it will be fixed and last! im extremely aggravated and upset  that i basicly threw away over a grand. i should of bought the cheaper maytag or whirlpool washer and dryer set., but i already use samsung phones, tv, ect across the home and expected the same kinda outcome. boy was i wrong.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer DV50k7500EV/A3 Dry Does Not Stop Tumbling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to look into this for you.  Could you send me a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Dryer DV50k7500EV/A3 Dry Does Not Stop Tumbling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was there a solution that I could fix myself. I just started having this issue as well, and have only had it just over a year. Please the me know.