cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer does not turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 3 year old Samsung DV45k6500EV/A3 dryer that will not shut off at the end of the cycle.  It just tumbles with no heat until you open the door.  I have seen several other similar post, but none of them seem to really have suitable solutions or fixes.  I am an electrician and can fix most anything so I am needing some help on how to troubleshoot and solve this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer does not turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur on all cycles and load sizes? Is Wrinkle-Prevent turned off? Please send us a private message with the full serial number of the unit: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer won’t shut off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer won’t shut off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Dryer Won't Turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a new dryer (Model #DVE52M8650V/A3 , Serial #<hidden>) less than two years ago. It now won't turn off when you push the power button, the drum continues to spin until you open the door. It starts back up the second you close the door even though the switchboard is turned off. Furthermore, even though the drum is spinning it isn't heating so the clothes are not drying. Call me old fashioned but I expect a dryer to last more than TWO YEARS!!! Can you tell what the warranty is on this dryer and how Samsung will fix this issue? I will find it hard to ever buy a Samsung again.

Your Very Frustrated Consumer,

Sandra

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Dryer Won't Turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get any solution??? It happened the same to mine! I am just experiencing the same frustrating problem!

Highlighted
Constellation

My DV45K6500EV/A3 will not turn off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a problem with my dryer. Suddenly it will not turn off unless the door is left opened or it is disconnected. It will be even working with the power off.

It wont heat either, it is mainly cold air and the drum turning non stop.

I have tried troubleshooting but nothing seems to work, even moving the continuos time mode to 1 minute wont solve the problem.

I just bought it around 2 yrs ago,  and I used to have a Whirpool that lasted for over 13 yrs and decided to go with Samsung this time..... Im trying to not regret this decision but reading on the web, this seems to be a common problem.

How can I have it fixed???

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My DV45K6500EV/A3 will not turn off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that the 3-hr Air-fluff/Wrinkle Prevent option is not on.
2. Run a light load of clothing. Does it heat?

If the unit does not cut off and runs continuously unplug the unit for about 5 minutes and plug back in if it’s turning then we need more details about if the unit is heating or not.

please feel free to send me a private message with your serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My DV45K6500EV/A3 will not turn off.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The wrinkle option is not on, actually it doesn't seem to be in any cycle. It works even if you turn the power off. I actually had to disconnect.

this is the serial number: <hidden>

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer won’t turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

our dryer started acting up lately and will not shut off when timer is done. Heat stops but dryer keeps running. Open door and it stops but close the door and starts running again with blank display.

Ben Buckner
Model: DVE45M5500Z/A3

Serial: <hidden>