cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer model # DVE45N5300W/A3 won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this washer and dryer Aug.25, 2008 because I thought samsung made good quality merchandise. But to my dismay this dryer won't turn off no matter what except when you unplug it, also it doesn't heat up. Had someone come out but it's going to cost more to fix it than to replace it. I feel like for that expensive of a dryer it shouldn't be breaking down like that.  Considering that I have a rental property that  has a cheap whirlpool and it's 15 years old and still running. Very disappointed in you samsung! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ก

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my dryer and would like to know if this problem has been resolved.  I see here that this has been going on since 2017!!! Has nothing been done about this???  And, of course I'm just over the one year warranty like everyone else here.  I've gone thru the resetting process and all the other rig-a-ma-roll.  The only way to shut it off is to leave the door open. I work for a forensic engineering company and this seems like a very dangerous situation...for all involved.  How are you going to resolve this problem Samsung?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Dryer won't stop spinning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - my dryer was working fine this morning, but I ran it a second time today and it never stopped spinning. The control panel was black. I can turn it on and off but it keeps spinning unless the door is open. It's like the two parts aren't matching up. I've read some other posts but the solutions are a few years old so I was looking for some updated information since this problem really hasn't been solved yet. The model number is dv42h5000. Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Dryer won't stop spinning

JUMP TO SOLUTION
sorry I can't help, but

Cool, can you connect your samsung phone to the drying using "smart things" and control it!?

I've never had a samsung appliance because I'm to broke for that. (I just buy Smartphones, Tablets, and TVs)
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dryer won't stop spinning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's possible that your dryer won't stop tumbling because the signal that the door's really open isn't being sent. Depending on your model, you'll usually find the switch poking through the front panel into the dryer door frame. Unplug the dryer, and use your multimeter to check for continuity.

Best Regards

Katana Swords