cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dryer won't stop spinning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's possible that your dryer won't stop tumbling because the signal that the door's really open isn't being sent. Depending on your model, you'll usually find the switch poking through the front panel into the dryer door frame. Unplug the dryer, and use your multimeter to check for continuity.

Best Regards

Katana Swords

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer will not shut off and no heat

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK So I have a model number dv42h5000ewa3 dryer. The thing will not stop spinning unless I unplug it or open the door. The power turns on or off the display but that's it. To make matters worse, there is no heat. I replaced the heating element. I now doubt that has anything to do with this. Any advice?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my dryer which is just barely over a year old! So convenient to be just outside of the manufacturer warranty period, which ended on July 31. Wow.

Model number: DVE45R6100C/A3

This thread is 4+ years old and even the latest model dryers are still having this issue???!

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung dryer not turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.  My dryer will not turn off with the door closed.  Works when I choose a cycle (door open) and push start.  It will dry clothes but when done the screen goes blank and dryer continues to tumble (no heat).  It only turns off when I open the door.  This issue started about a year ago (< 1 year of ownership).  I contacted Samsung about this last year and had someone come out.  They evaluated the dryer but when they put it back together the dryer worker, so we canceled any parts or follow up.  Now the same issue is back.  It seems to be common with Samsung dryers.  Is there a recall on this issue? Will Samsung help someone with a relatively new dryer out of warranty? 

dv45k6500ew Dryer 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my brand new dryer. Extremely disappointing to see so many people have complained about this for years and the issue persists. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased my dryer January 2019 and in June 2020 it started having shutoff issues.  I pushed a few buttons and the issue was resolved, until July when it started acting up again.  Called out a repairman and he unpluged it for 20 minutes and pushed a few buttons the issue resolved again.  The repairman said the issue was with the circuit board and the cost to replace it would be almost as much as a new dryer.  The problem started back up again this week when I found the dryer still on at 2 am.   I tried unplugging it and pushing buttons, but it still runs when I plug it back in.  I watched a few Youtube videos on how to fix it, but still the issue wasn't resolved.  I tried the suggestion on this board with no luck.  I know you can order the part for about $200 and replace it yourself, but until then I will have to keep unplugging it to turn it off.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Dryer Part.JPGOrdered this part from Appliance Prarts .com.  Will update when/if the issues is resolved.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our dryer won't turn off and needs to be serviced not even 2 years after purchase. The customer service I have had to deal with has been terrible. I keep reading on this forum that many people have had the same issues so why is samsung not recalling products or taking that into consideration when making their products? As a customer, this does not show that you stand behind your product if my bill to fix something less than 2 years in, comes to about the same as to what I originally paid for it. We just purchased a new home and plan to buy no samsung products even though that was the poriginal plan. Your products may bring you customers, but customer service keeps them coming back. You lost me and I plan to continue to share this experience in as many forums and social media platormas as I can. People need to be informed. As a company, you should do the right thing. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need help Samsung 

Model: DV45K6500EV/A3

Bought from Lowe's roughly 20minths ago 

Dryer drum will not stop spinning. I have tried changing setting on display but the dryer drum continue to spin after pressing the power button. Display shows the dryer is off, but the only way too stop it is the open the door or disconnect the power supply by unplugging it. I need help pls Samsung :-)

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still in need of help, any Samsung moderators available?