Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to escalate this to a member of our specialized team.  Could you send a private message so that we can gather some additional information?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the 'me too' list. @SamsungJam I've already sent you a PM. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just read 13 pages of nothing. My dryer just started to do the same thing and was hoping for a solution. Why would unplugging the connectors be any different than unplugging the power cord? Could it be that by unplugging the connectors there is a slight "jar" that freed the stuck connectors, something a tap on the relay could handle?  And is Samsung collecting serial numbers to help, or to put in a database in case there is a fire to prove the owner knew it was a problem?  They have asked a number of times for serial numbers, but provide no help. Very discouraged. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the lack of explanation userK9s7RKexHz, with so many different threads on this it's hard to tell which ones we've given the full explanation on. Basically repairs is the only thing that's truly fixing the issue. Due to the age of most of the units, the owner of the unit would be responsible for the cost of repairs. In an attempt to cover the repairs we've been escalating the out of warranty units to our specialized team to see what we can offer. For those that are still in warranty or are not that old, we've been going ahead and setting up the repairs. Naturally we cannot guarantee each unit qualifies for the same accommodations as age of the unit and location can affect what options are available. 

To make it a bit easier I will mark this comment as the solution so it's easier seen to new posters. If your dryer will not stop running after the cycle ends, please send us a private message with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

You can message any of the mods with the below links:

Send a message to Cole: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH
Send a message to Jam: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Gill: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did this turn out?  I have been having the same problem.  It happened about a 6months-1 year ago, and I called about to, but they wanted to charge me quite a bit of money just to come out.  My dryer is only a few years old-ridiculous!  Somehow it magically started working properly again for a while, but now it is doing the same thing!

I also had the recalled washing machine that matched it, that has been replaced.  This seems like something that is going to be recalled as well.  It is so dangerous to have a dryer running like this unattended.  I don’t think I should pay for something that is still pretty new, not a user caused issue, and is a potential recall/class action suit issue!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message so that I can escalate this for you?  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been so long that I have forgotten how to send you a private message.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing!  I've tried flipping the breaker and that won't do it.  I have to open the door or unplug it to get it to stop.  Once I plug it back in, it starts up again without the machine being powered on.  I spoke with Samsung and mine is 1 month out of warranty, so they won't stand behind it.  I'm VERY frustrated after spending so much on this dryer and having it act up at 2years old!!  I'm very suprised that Samsung is not recalling the relay board if this many people are having the same problem!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue ....it just started last night...dryer won't stop running unless you keep the door ajar!  What to do ?