cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersrLHc9qIQW
Constellation

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it is a relay on inside of control panel. i took cover off control panel and tapped relay with something non-conductive like a pencil. it will stop running. damned if i'm going to pay for a repair. happens to me every couple of months

userOw2PBIAkL0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue earlier this week. We could unplug the dryer and plug it back in and it still immediately began running. I tried the power button and the display/controls were behaving as normal. It's just that I could also power cycle the dryer and it would continue running. So I left it running, but started a new dry cycle as I normally would. It chimed at start up like a normal cycle, and when that cycle finished the motor stopped as it should. It seemed like the issue was whatever signal is sent from the control board to the motor to tell it to shut off was not received the first time. On the end of the next cycle it received as expected and shut down. We have run multiple loads since with no issue.

If you are having this issue, try hitting your power button. If it behaves like it usually does, go ahead and start a cycle and let it run. It may reset itself.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, pay attention - NO REPLACEMENT BOARD IS AVAIlABLE FOR A 5 YEAR OLD MACHINE.

What is your 'solution' again?

Information has been sent months ago telling me to look for replacement part.  You guys have one laying around, I'd like to buy one.

"...extended warranty..."  "...would like to take care of this for you..."

Any other empty promises you guys have?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend visiting samsungparts.com or they can be reached at 1-800-627-4368

Lavanaut
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I urge everyone who has or is experiencing this issue to file a complaint with the FTC, here:  https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.  Just do it.  It is clear that Samsung has no intention of standing behind what is clearly a collection of faulty appliances, instead putting the onus on consumers to foot the bill for diagnosis and parts.  There should have been a recall long ago, yet customers with dryers as new as 10 months old continue to experience these issues. Samsung needs to be held accountable.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

userwFoV5Gs6EC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer is currently running and I tried all the suggestions to reset it. It is less than a year old. I’m very disappointed to find posts about this back so many years. My last Samsung dryer had an issue with the computer thinking the pump was not draining even when it was. This will be my last Samsung. I had my kenmore 9yrs before I switched. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userwFoV5Gs6EC I would be happy to look into this further. Can you drop a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full model and serial numbers of the dryer? 

Mudhog
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have model number Dv395etpawr/A1. My dryer would not shut off..with no heat.. Even when I turned it off! I had to unplug it all together! So this is what you do.... 1. Keep the door open 2. Unplug it for 10 minutes or so 3. Plug it back in 4. While in "Normal" Mode... Press and hold "Mixed Load Bell" and "Dry Level" buttons and hold for 3 seconds. You will hear a beep. It's going to flash "cc" and (1594 in my case. This is how many times you have used the machine) 5. Press and hold the "Play/Pause" button for 3 seconds... It'll beep again. 6. Press the power button and the lights will turn off and then close the door. 7. Press the power button and try it out! Your welcome!