cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spoche
Astronaut

Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the DV5451AEW dryer. After the drying time is up, the dryer continues to run. Heat is not on. Even if I turn the dryer off it keeps running. I can't get it to stop.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the lack of explanation userK9s7RKexHz, with so many different threads on this it's hard to tell which ones we've given the full explanation on. Basically repairs is the only thing that's truly fixing the issue. Due to the age of most of the units, the owner of the unit would be responsible for the cost of repairs. In an attempt to cover the repairs we've been escalating the out of warranty units to our specialized team to see what we can offer. For those that are still in warranty or are not that old, we've been going ahead and setting up the repairs. Naturally we cannot guarantee each unit qualifies for the same accommodations as age of the unit and location can affect what options are available. 

To make it a bit easier I will mark this comment as the solution so it's easier seen to new posters. If your dryer will not stop running after the cycle ends, please send us a private message with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

You can message any of the mods with the below links:

Send a message to Cole: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH
Send a message to Jam: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Gill: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

246 REPLIES 246
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there spoche, Is the "air fluff" function selected on the dial?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bwms
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with DV5471AEWXAA.

It started suddenly.  It dries fine but I have to turn the breaker off to get it to stop.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are the buttons on the panel not responding at the end of the cycle?

bwms
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The buttons do work.  Power button will turn the power off on the display and turn it back on, but the dryer continues to run with no display lights.  Open the door and the drum stops.  Close the door and it restarts but the display is still blank.  I have a feeling this is going to be another recall because of the danger of it continuing to run while unattended.  If not a recall, certainly a class action.

I thought I wanted a Samsung dishwasher to go with all the other Samsung products I own, but with my washer just being recalled and the dryer started acting up last night, I know it is a matter of time before my frig goes.

@SamsungJam wrote:

@SamsungJam wrote:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?

bwms
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you can tell me how to send a private message with the serial number, I will.

@SamsungJam wrote:

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Click my name and select "send user a private message"

bwms
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I click on your name, it does not give me the option of sending you a private message.

@SamsungJam wrote:

bwms
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I click your name it does not give me the option of PM

@bwms wrote:

When I click on your name, it does not give me the option of sending you a private message.

@SamsungJam wrote: