Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

We're sorry to hear that!

Usually this error code indicates moisture is detected somehwere it doesn't belong, or there's an issue with the sensor itself. 

1. First, look for evidence of a leak on your washer. Sometimes leaks are so small they may go unotied. If you find a leak, fixing the leak with take care of this error. 

2. Check that the hoses behidn the washer (Supply hoses and drain hose) are not kinked. 

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. if the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. if the holder is missing, service is required. 

3. Run an empty cycle with no additives (Detergent, fabric softner, ect.) and see if suds appear during the cycle. If they do, it means too much detergent or a non-HE detergent has been used. Continue to run empty cycles until there are no more suds, and then see if the code appears again. 

If suds do not appear, and you're unable to loacte any leaks, service will more than likely be required. Please send one of our moderators a private message with the model and serial number of the unit if it's within your one year warranty, so we can get this set up for service for you. If you are out of the one year warranty you can use the following link to locate a local authorized Samsung repair center in your area. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

We're sorry to hear that!

Usually this error code indicates moisture is detected somehwere it doesn't belong, or there's an issue with the sensor itself. 

1. First, look for evidence of a leak on your washer. Sometimes leaks are so small they may go unotied. If you find a leak, fixing the leak with take care of this error. 

2. Check that the hoses behidn the washer (Supply hoses and drain hose) are not kinked. 

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. if the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. if the holder is missing, service is required. 

3. Run an empty cycle with no additives (Detergent, fabric softner, ect.) and see if suds appear during the cycle. If they do, it means too much detergent or a non-HE detergent has been used. Continue to run empty cycles until there are no more suds, and then see if the code appears again. 

If suds do not appear, and you're unable to loacte any leaks, service will more than likely be required. Please send one of our moderators a private message with the model and serial number of the unit if it's within your one year warranty, so we can get this set up for service for you. If you are out of the one year warranty you can use the following link to locate a local authorized Samsung repair center in your area. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes
userKgpfc6Az3P
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have looked in the forum and cleared out the trap in the top washer and the trap under the bottom washer and as soon as I oku the washer back in the error comes up.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear that have you tried the following? 

Moisture is detected somewhere it doesn't belong, or there is an issue with the sensor itself.

1. First, look for evidence of a leak. Sometimes leaks are so small they go unnoticed. If you find a leak, fixing the leak will fix the error.
  2. Check that the hoses behind the washer (supply hoses and drain hose) are not kinked.

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. If the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. If the holder is missing, service is required.
  3. Run an empty cycle with no additives (detergent, fabric softener, etc.) and see if suds appear during the cycle. If they do, it means too much detergent or a non-HE detergent has been used. Continue to run empty cycles until there are no more suds, and then see if the code appears again.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersj3ife8irY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sick and tired of not being able to use my top load washer, when the sole reason I purchased this machine is to be able to run two loads at the same time - one small load in the top washer, and a larger load in the bottom washer. 

I am unable to use my top washer. The error code comes on after about 10-15 min into the cycle, without fail, and my brand new floors get drenched in pools of water flowing from the bottom of the washer.

Customer support is useless, and I've already attempted all of the steps suggested to me via phone support. They've told me because my washer is out of warranty, that I have to pay for a tech to come out and look at the issue.

This is a known issue, with MANY people on this community page making the exact same complaint about this machine. I am not paying for a repair on a 2 year old machine with a clear manufacturer defect, and would appreciate some answers.

I would also like to note that not having 24/7 phone support for appliances which people tend to use nights and weekends the most is RIDICULOUS.

Need some answers.

0 Likes
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would've went with a Maytag or GE for appliances
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can you verify that the debris filter and emergency drain hose located at the front bottom of the machine have been cleaned and drained out? If so, I would be delighted to look into what we can do for you :) Just send me a private message with the full model and serial number    http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

0 Likes
usergn3jJRjclO
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

My top washer is having draining issues,  The water backs up overflowing the softner dispenser cup then leaks through the side and bottom triggering the 1lc1 code.  The internal lint screen on both the top washer and water pump are clean.   I am wondering if it is clogged with fabric softner if so how do I unclog , where would the clog be located  and is there a schematic on the teardown should a hose need to be removed? Thanks

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have you already cleaned and drained out the debris/pump filter located at the front bottom of the washer? 

0 Likes