Original topic:

Flex washer 4c error code

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 12:11 AM)
userRpMtb54Aqz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Anybody know what else might be causing the 4c error? I purchased it used in this condition, figured I'd work it out. So far, I was getting the 4c on bottom and 1 4c on top. I checked the water valves, pulled them out, applied voltage to each cold valve and blew through them to make sure they opened while powered. All good there, I blew the rubber hoses that attach to each valve out. Do the drain hoses have to be hung for the washers to work properly? After I hung the top washers drain hose, it went through a cycle completely and finished. Thought I figured it out, I hung the bottom drain up as well, and still get the 4c error. Plenty of water makes it into the  drum, and it spins. On a 19 min rinse and spin, even tho it's got plenty of water, it still errors out at around 17 minutes left and then dumps all of the water out of the drain. I also checked the pressure switch's diaphragm and it's working and I guess that controls water level. 
Can anyone tell me step by step what the washer should do on the rinse and spin and at what times? So I can compare 
  I'm stuck there.. what am I missing here? Possible control board? I read that it also can error with 4c if the transparent hose that goes from the detergent drawer to the drain disconnected or kinked, but I couldn't locate it. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, with this error it is meaning that the washer is not filling have you tried the steps below? 

Water is not entering the washer correctly.

1. Make sure the hot and cold water supply hoses are connected to the correct inlets (hot to hot and cold to cold) on the washer, that the hoses are not bent or kinked, and that the water supply valves are completely open.

Note: Do not use Flood Safe hoses.
  2. Make sure the drain hose is inserted properly and is not kinked. It should not be inserted more than 6 inches into the drain pipe.

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. If the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. If the holder is missing, service is required.
  3. Unplug the washer or flip the circuit breaker for the washer for 1 minute. Then, restore power and try to run a cycle.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, with this error it is meaning that the washer is not filling have you tried the steps below? 

Water is not entering the washer correctly.

1. Make sure the hot and cold water supply hoses are connected to the correct inlets (hot to hot and cold to cold) on the washer, that the hoses are not bent or kinked, and that the water supply valves are completely open.

Note: Do not use Flood Safe hoses.
  2. Make sure the drain hose is inserted properly and is not kinked. It should not be inserted more than 6 inches into the drain pipe.

Note: Do not remove the screw on the back of the washer that holds the drain hose against the washer. If the screw has been removed, screw it and the holder back in with any screw that fits. If the holder is missing, service is required.
  3. Unplug the washer or flip the circuit breaker for the washer for 1 minute. Then, restore power and try to run a cycle.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes