JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FlexDry DVE60M9900V has issues with SmartThings app

(Topic created: 05-13-2021 02:02 PM)
useryrhfZTTtHF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm setting up the FlexWash/FlexDry combo today (WV60M9900AV/DVE60M9900V)with our network and the SmartThings app. Both appliances connect OK to the network and the app can run them both, but the dryer is acting strange in the app:

• It doesn't set up the same as the washer--it can't be found by scanning nearby and I have to add the model from the list of supported devices.
  • I can add my dryer to the Laundry room but after a few minutes it reverts to the "No room assigned" area and can't be added to the Laundry room. I see in the header bar where it reports its location, it initially shows "My home - Laundry room" and after a few seconds updates to "Woodcrest" (our location name) without a room. Our washer does the same thing but it starts at "Living room - Laundry room." Our first location was named "Living room" accidentally.
  • When I go to the Dryer panel, its two sections are labeled Upper Washer and Lower Washer (not Dryer). The actual controls run the dryers though.

I'd like to use the app but want to clear up the device organization. The only thing I can think of is to select Leave SmartThings, clear everything out, and start over.

Jeremy

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useryrhfZTTtHF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks, I called and Naomi S. was able to resolve the issue. The washer and dryer should use the 2.4Ghz band but our network is dual-band and they both used 5Ghz. I had to separate the bands from the router and set up a 2.4Ghz wifi network.

I then removed both washer and dryer from SmartThings and re-added them while my phone was connected to the 2.4Ghz wifi. Neither can now be found by scanning but I added them from the supported devices list. The dryer now stays in the Laundry room and both washer and dryer show they are in the right location and room. The dryer also has replaced its "washer" labels with the correct ones.

Jeremy

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey Jeremy! So it appears that there might be something going on in the app that isn't allowing the dryer to connect. I suggest reaching out to our Smart Things department for further assistance. Their phone number is 866-813-2404.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
useryrhfZTTtHF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks, I called and Naomi S. was able to resolve the issue. The washer and dryer should use the 2.4Ghz band but our network is dual-band and they both used 5Ghz. I had to separate the bands from the router and set up a 2.4Ghz wifi network.

I then removed both washer and dryer from SmartThings and re-added them while my phone was connected to the 2.4Ghz wifi. Neither can now be found by scanning but I added them from the supported devices list. The dryer now stays in the Laundry room and both washer and dryer show they are in the right location and room. The dryer also has replaced its "washer" labels with the correct ones.

Jeremy

View solution in context

0 Likes