Original topic:

Flexwasher 1dc4 error won't clear

(Topic created: 10-02-2019 05:30 PM)
userwArhft5PKR
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have a WV55M9600AV/A5 washer. Been fine for the last year. Yesterday started showing 1DC4 error on the top washer and won't clear. Tried unplugging, no change. Checked "rubber button next to the latch", it's present. Pressed the button in the lid myself, didn't fix it. Door is definitely closed, but the error won’t clear. What’s the next step?

86 Replies
userPmbR6Item4
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same issue as this guy:

Well, okay, here's the deal on the Flexwasher 1dc4 error message:  The problem is a switch built into the inner "protective cover" on the upper washer.  In order to "fix" this broken switch, the entire cover has to be replaced.  The company that Samsung sent us to for the service call quoted the replacement part at $179.00.  My impression is that one might be able to find that part somewhat cheaper, but it's still ridiculously expensive. 

It is clear to me that this is a faulty switch, and that this switch is failing for many Samsung Flexwash customers.  For that reason, I believe Samsung needs to step up and replace this faulty switch, however that needs to be done, and to bear the cost of that replacement for each of their customers.  This is NOT a fault that Samsung's customers should pay for.  CLEARLY, this switch is failing NOT due to any "normal wear and tear" on the machine.  Rather, it is failing because it is a faulty switch, either unsuited to this application or simply poorly designed or manufactured.  Whatever the root cause of this switch failure, it is entirely unreasonable for Samsung to expect customers to pay for this replacement part.  Samsung, are you going to cover the cost of replacing this switch?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userZEBmQwaF99
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, 

Having the same issue as above user.. 1dc4 error is On, the door has closed and locked too. I had it for almost a year and never had any issue. Please help. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPmbR6Item4
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

How can I get the serial and model? this is the description of the washer when I het it "Samsung - FlexWash; 5.5 . Ft Washer with Steam - Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel"

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userPmbR6Item4 Hey! Since your unit is a front-load washer the model number and serial number are located on the rim behind the door.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPmbR6Item4
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Serial:<HIDDEN>

Model: WV55M9600AV/A5

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userPmbR6Item4
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

What else do you need?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can I have the following information in a private message?

Full Name

Street Address

Email Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

0 Likes