JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher 1dc4 error won't clear

(Topic created: 06-12-2019 09:56 PM)
userwArhft5PKR
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have a WV55M9600AV/A5 washer. Been fine for the last year. Yesterday started showing 1DC4 error on the top washer and won't clear. Tried unplugging, no change. Checked "rubber button next to the latch", it's present. Pressed the button in the lid myself, didn't fix it. Door is definitely closed, but the error won’t clear. What’s the next step?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
userwj2JTK33Co
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having this issue as well.  Unit is 8 months old. The actual plastic piece on top on the door that slides down into the holder is crooked and therefore it won't go all the way in.  I researched it and don't see that little plastic piece anywhere, just the entire door assembly which is $160.  Can someone assist me on finding the actual plastic piece?IMG_0110.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usertrzL8HWgoi
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had the same error and by looking at door nothing seemed wrong. I looked at bottom part were it latches and saw a little hole that was missing something. I looked in washer and saw a small rubber plug that pressed on door switch on right side of latch. I placed it back in and washer worked.

user1qBacHuCk7
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I couldn't figure out this button for the longest time but I did find the hole and the button that had popped off. 

Samsung, please post a photo.   That might help others know what and where to look. 

0 Likes
userSiMRH7oBAy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Code 1dc4. Wont clear on upper washer. Door is locked. Suggestions dont work.

So disappointed in this expensive washer. Has broken 4 x since purchase 2 yrs ago. Sears not helping with defective product. This code issue is just the latest of many.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

To look up this error code, please provide the full model number of the washer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userSiMRH7oBAy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Wv60m9900a*

Ty

@userSiMRH7oBAy wrote:

Code 1dc4. Wont clear on upper washer. Door is locked. Suggestions dont work.

So disappointed in this expensive washer. Has broken 4 x since purchase 2 yrs ago. Sears not helping with defective product. This code issue is just the latest of many.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Looks like this error code is a Door Error message. The door is not detected as closed and locked. Check that the latch is securely fixed, laundry or other items are not caught in the door, and the door is closed and secured correctly.

0 Likes
userSiMRH7oBAy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes. I have tried all of these things suggested. Ive also check rubber fasteneings. Ive unplugged for three minutes. Triple checked locks. Nothing out of order and code wont clear.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have you already reset the unit by turning off the circuit breaker to it for a few minutes?

0 Likes