JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher 1dc4 error won't clear

(Topic created on: 6/12/19 9:56 PM)
userwArhft5PKR
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have a WV55M9600AV/A5 washer. Been fine for the last year. Yesterday started showing 1DC4 error on the top washer and won't clear. Tried unplugging, no change. Checked "rubber button next to the latch", it's present. Pressed the button in the lid myself, didn't fix it. Door is definitely closed, but the error won’t clear. What’s the next step?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

1DC4 Error code 

• The door is not detected as closed and locked.
  • Check that the latch is securely fixed, laundry or other items are not caught in the door, and the door is closed and secured correctly.

*FlexWash washers will display a 1dC4 error if the rubber button next to the latch for the upper washer is missing. In this case, service is not required, and replacing the button will fix the error.

*On some models, dC is a Door Error. On some models, it is an Unbalanced Load Error. 

• for unbalanced error codes, you recalibrate the unit. For flex, top, and front loaders they have different ways you can recalibrate the unit.
  • A user manual would very help to locate how to recalibrate the unit. If you don't have the user manual. log onto samsung.com with your model number and download the user manual for free.

If the code cannot be corrected or there is damage to the door or latch, use the following link to find a list of service centers near that can do the in/out of warranty repair.http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

user0uFewY9oTe
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm having the same issue except I bought the washer 48 hours ago and I can't get the error code to clear. I can't set up the washer! The rubber button is there and the door clicks close everytime. I bought a floor model was should I do? Model is WV60M9900AV

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would suggest reaching out to the installer (if you used one) to have them come back out and look a the unit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user12e53KdQWA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm having the same issue with our washer. What did you have to do to resolve this?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user12e53KdQWA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

WV55M9600AW/A5

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

The door is not detected as closed and locked.

Check that the latch is securely fixed, laundry or other items are not caught in the door, and the door is closed and secured correctly.

If the code cannot be corrected or if there is damage to the door or latch, this will require service. 

Note: FlexWash washers will display a 1dC4 error if the rubber button next to the upper washer's latch is missing. In this case, service is not required, and replacing the button will fix the error.

*On some models, dC is a Door Error. On some models it is an Unbalanced Load Error. See your user manual to determine which it is for your model.

If this does not help then service will be required, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRITCtwcxex
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can you provide a link to where we can buy a replacement for the rubber button next to the latch?  

userlyeh480Hbt
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same issue.  I have tried everything and it still doesn't clear.  The issue is with the top washer.  We have literally used it less than 10 times.  Please help.

0 Likes
userh4XwlI4qx0
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Having same issue: Model WV60M9900AW/A5  01      Serial No: <hidden>

0 Likes