JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher not turning on - error code 18:8J

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 03:17 AM)
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help. Only had this washer for about 5 weeks. Flexwash 2 in 1 combo. Will only power on from top washer. No response lower washer. When top wash turns on error 14 appears, both top and bottom washer screens turn on, then error 18:8J blinks along with the delay end button, self clean button, and smart connect button. The child lock icon in bottom display blinks, add garmet and self clean in top display blink. Tried unplugging, tried turning off child lock, it is not responsive to anything other than the top washer power button. 

usercWuNS6Bidn
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have exatcly the same problem on my 11-month old Samsung Flexwash WV55M9600AW.  18:8J blinks along with delay end button, self clean button and smart connect button.  Called Samsung Customer Service today and scheduled my service appointment for next Wednesday. Now, I am keeping my finger crossed with the hope this problem can be fixed. I will provide a follow up update and let you folks about the outcome of the Samsung's service.  

0 Likes
userzTJw4Vd0y8
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

i have same issue in my brand new washer. it was not working at the time of delivery. Tech will swap its control board but I dont know how well to trust the samsung appliance now. I want to return it but each time their new delivery is either broken or damaged( already hapenned twice). I dont trust samsung appliance anymore.

userVsWP50s6DZ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The  warranty on my washer just expired a few weeks ago and I’m now getting the same failure.  Anyone know the part number for the control board?  I really can’t justify $800 to repair, so may attempt to do it myself.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userVsWP50s6DZ   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userM8beOR6qjk
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm yet another unsatisfied customer with the 18:8J problem.  It seems like there might be a bigger issue going on if so many of these boards are going out.  After spending so much money on these appliances, you expect the parts, especially the electronics, to last.  Boards going out after 2 months to 2 years is crazy!  WIth so many people having the issue, it must be a manufacturing issue!  Samsung, will you please stand by your products and help us out?

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userM8beOR6qjk Thanks for reaching out! I can certainly look into this for you. Will you please send a private message with the full model code and serial number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2rXc408Yx6
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is nuts! Samsung knows its a freking defect and has done nothing to resolve it. Sorry to sayall my appliances are Samsung. Never will I, buy Samsung appliances again. Some problem 18:8j. Samsung you need to do a product recall call or maybe we should all do a class action lawsuitn against Samsung. There are enough people on here with the same issue to file a suit. 

user93k65kU1JP
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I agree. We have had our washer less than 2 years, and we now have this error. This is ridiculous! There should definitely be a recall or class action suit. It's so unfair to the customers for Samsung to overlook this.

0 Likes
userwgyoAkvN6b
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Here's another case of the 18:8J! I feel very disappointed about the prodcut because of the malfunction, and seems lot of people do have the same issue! I expect washer like and sale at this price point  should just last, and I just bought it a little bit over two years ago, and now it is broken! This really make me feel frustrated because of the covid situation and the fact that I need to fix the washer. I don't want to have someone else come into my home during the out break, so wondering is there anything Sumsung can do to help me fix the issue?

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

With the error code, you're receiving have you notice any changes in the wash? has it stopped washing all together? Have you tried to unplug the unit or turn it off y the circuit breaker? If that doesn't resolve the issue the unit will require service. You can use the following link to locate a service center in the area that can do the repair.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes