JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher not turning on - error code 18:8J

(Topic created: 03-17-2019 02:27 AM)
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help. Only had this washer for about 5 weeks. Flexwash 2 in 1 combo. Will only power on from top washer. No response lower washer. When top wash turns on error 14 appears, both top and bottom washer screens turn on, then error 18:8J blinks along with the delay end button, self clean button, and smart connect button. The child lock icon in bottom display blinks, add garmet and self clean in top display blink. Tried unplugging, tried turning off child lock, it is not responsive to anything other than the top washer power button. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

So great news!!! Samsung care came out to service the washer today, they were so knowledgeable and pleasant! Although they have never heard of 18:8j the power button not being responsive told them it is the control board. Took just a few minutes to swap out and magic it’s fixed!! Highly recommend everyone get a warranty on their appliances they say it’s very common for the control boards to go bad. But it was a quick and easy fix. 

View solution in context

44 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

@user0mOTfGKfyh Was the washer professionally installed? Have you contacted your retailer for any assistance since it is so new?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes lowe’s Delivered and installed. We contacted Samsung they have a tech coming out tomorrow. But I’m a little worried, people with the same problem say it’s hard to find a solution and getting replacement appliance takes awhile. 

0 Likes
user5X7RVRml0h
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the exact same codes on my washer, and I have had it a few months now.  Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just to confirm, was the washer professionally installed?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2FD0OQfn1M
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

why does it matter whether it is professionally installed?

To answer everyon'e questions... I had the exact same issue and called Sears to look at it.  Cost me $100 just for the guy to come out.  Apparently this is a well known issue with this particular washer.  Here's the diagnosis, the computer touch screen for the top and front load washer is 'broken'.  The technician told me it's a $700 issue.  I am didn't get it replaced yet... still deciding what to do.  I just spend $1200+ for the washer,  it's only been 13 months and now it's going to cost me another $700... this is ridiculous and I am extremely disappointed in the product.  if anyone has suggestions on how to go about this without spending $700 please let me know.

user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I know we have some kind of warranty. 1 year manufacturer and I know we’ll be adding an extended one with all the issues everyone seems to be having. Are they saying it not covered under warranty or you no longer have coverage? 

0 Likes
userSdvAIVLkEK
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the exact same issue. Only a year old and now out of warranty. WOF!

I am never buying another Samsung product again!!

0 Likes
userjFyXtNh3UB
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had the same problem twice.  The first time it was under warranty.  It is two years old and this time I decided to change the control baord myself.  It cost $170 and about 30 minutes.  Super easy.  Still...not happy with the product and would not recommend to anyone.

0 Likes
userMrOIlzLHJf
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi,

Same problem here.

Would you be able to find what the part number was and where you got it?

0 Likes