cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Flexwasher not turning on 18:8J

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So great news!!! Samsung care came out to service the washer today, they were so knowledgeable and pleasant! Although they have never heard of 18:8j the power button not being responsive told them it is the control board. Took just a few minutes to swap out and magic it’s fixed!! Highly recommend everyone get a warranty on their appliances they say it’s very common for the control boards to go bad. But it was a quick and easy fix. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I am having  the same issue. How much did it cost? I dont have the warranty. They're coming next week for diagnosis 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i was able to fix that problem,unfortunately its not a do it yourself repair.You need a special equipment;special soldering iron,micriscope,replacement parts.Please contact me at <hidden> and I will gladly help you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what replacement parts are you referring to?  We have the same issue upper washer works no error codes but lower washer nothing you turn power on and nothing comes on then a couple of seconds and you hear the chimes powering it off...we have replaced the main control board in the back and both control boards in the front and still nothing....

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue ... we changed all three boards as well and still not working. 
Did you end up finding a solution?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was the replaced board right behind the buttons on the front of the machine or all the way in the back of the machine on the top?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great if you are under warranty but a less that 2 year ild washer that is one of the more expensive washers breaks for no reason after 2 years!!! I recieved the 18:8J washer notice as well and I called samsung they basically said we will recommend local privately owned repair shops. Are you kidding they won't even come look at it themselves. Highly disapoonted!! I cant't wait to write negative reviews for the service and the product on Samsung and best buy where I purchased it. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just encountered this same problem this past weekend. Lower washer is unresponsive. Top washer turns one and displays the error code 18:8J. So I did some research and this seems to be a common problem.

Where do I find the correct parts? Is it the front or rear panel? or both? 

I have the fleswasher in white.

Here are Model# 

And Serial #

WV55M9600AW/A5

<hidden>

I'm seeing in parts often an 00, 01,or 02 following the model number. I'm not seeing that.

I'm an an industrial maintenance electrian, I'm pretty sure I can repair the washer as long as I can find the correct part(s). 

I'm looking for help identifying the correct replacement parts. 

This washer and dryer combination were bought just over 2 years ago from Home depot as a black Friday Christmas gift to self.