JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher not turning on - error code 18:8J

(Topic created: 03-20-2019 01:16 PM)
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help. Only had this washer for about 5 weeks. Flexwash 2 in 1 combo. Will only power on from top washer. No response lower washer. When top wash turns on error 14 appears, both top and bottom washer screens turn on, then error 18:8J blinks along with the delay end button, self clean button, and smart connect button. The child lock icon in bottom display blinks, add garmet and self clean in top display blink. Tried unplugging, tried turning off child lock, it is not responsive to anything other than the top washer power button. 

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

So great news!!! Samsung care came out to service the washer today, they were so knowledgeable and pleasant! Although they have never heard of 18:8j the power button not being responsive told them it is the control board. Took just a few minutes to swap out and magic it’s fixed!! Highly recommend everyone get a warranty on their appliances they say it’s very common for the control boards to go bad. But it was a quick and easy fix. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8fPmL7ltlD
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi I am having  the same issue. How much did it cost? I dont have the warranty. They're coming next week for diagnosis 

0 Likes
userCTZSzEP4y0
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

i was able to fix that problem,unfortunately its not a do it yourself repair.You need a special equipment;special soldering iron,micriscope,replacement parts.Please contact me at <hidden> and I will gladly help you.

0 Likes
Mgarcia
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

what replacement parts are you referring to?  We have the same issue upper washer works no error codes but lower washer nothing you turn power on and nothing comes on then a couple of seconds and you hear the chimes powering it off...we have replaced the main control board in the back and both control boards in the front and still nothing....

usereZVGUhriY2
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue ... we changed all three boards as well and still not working. 
Did you end up finding a solution?

0 Likes
uservf3BxY9Zm4
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Were you able to find a solution? I am having your exact same problem I thought it was likely a board but which one?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is something that would require service.  If you send us a private message with your model and serial number and we would be happy to look into service options.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userC1MrfzLuXX
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Was the replaced board right behind the buttons on the front of the machine or all the way in the back of the machine on the top?