JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher not turning on - error code 18:8J

(Topic created: 07-27-2019 06:59 PM)
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help. Only had this washer for about 5 weeks. Flexwash 2 in 1 combo. Will only power on from top washer. No response lower washer. When top wash turns on error 14 appears, both top and bottom washer screens turn on, then error 18:8J blinks along with the delay end button, self clean button, and smart connect button. The child lock icon in bottom display blinks, add garmet and self clean in top display blink. Tried unplugging, tried turning off child lock, it is not responsive to anything other than the top washer power button. 

userjHMLlnZ5km
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Great if you are under warranty but a less that 2 year ild washer that is one of the more expensive washers breaks for no reason after 2 years!!! I recieved the 18:8J washer notice as well and I called samsung they basically said we will recommend local privately owned repair shops. Are you kidding they won't even come look at it themselves. Highly disapoonted!! I cant't wait to write negative reviews for the service and the product on Samsung and best buy where I purchased it. 

0 Likes
userlolk2gL5tx
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just encountered this same problem this past weekend. Lower washer is unresponsive. Top washer turns one and displays the error code 18:8J. So I did some research and this seems to be a common problem.

Where do I find the correct parts? Is it the front or rear panel? or both? 

I have the fleswasher in white.

Here are Model# 

And Serial #

WV55M9600AW/A5

<hidden>

I'm seeing in parts often an 00, 01,or 02 following the model number. I'm not seeing that.

I'm an an industrial maintenance electrian, I'm pretty sure I can repair the washer as long as I can find the correct part(s). 

I'm looking for help identifying the correct replacement parts. 

This washer and dryer combination were bought just over 2 years ago from Home depot as a black Friday Christmas gift to self.

0 Likes
userN2lJFknnEs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

To anyone having this issue.

I just had this exact issue with my Samsung Flexwash WV55M9600AV. It's a communication error between the two control boards behind the front panel. It's a very simple fix you can do yourself in about 20 minutes once you have the correct parts, and save hundreds of dollars. If you order both control boards separately, it costs almost double compared to if you order them together. The part number to order them together is: DC92-02104A.

Here's a youtube link on how to remove the front panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmYoSABjvY

Once the front panel is off, it's two connecters and about 10 screws to replace the control boards.

useraKAgDwUsLw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Where did you purchase the parts from?  Thank you!

0 Likes
useryPCUNsUI2C
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userN2lJFknnEs can you please elaborate more on what to do after you unplug those cords??

0 Likes
useryabdVbqM5e
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you so much  userN2lJFknnEs,

I have slightly different problem as I get no error message. The upper washer is just dead. It does not beep, light, hope, nothing.

This repair makes sense to me and the cost of appliance repair guy to actually troubleshoot this is expensive and spotty.  So $185 for OEM parts with shipping and taxes from GenuineRepairParts. I will log in again in a few days and share results sucess or fail for future readers. 

Thanks again. 

EDIT: This repair did not work for 'upper washer dead'. But parts and labor were exact as shown and was a good try....

0 Likes
userM4SFcbZMOA
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userN2lJFknnEs Thank you for your post! 

I had the same issue happening to my washer. It is out of warranty so I had to either try to fix it myself, or pay to have it done.

I followed your instructions, ordered the part DC92-02104A from PartsDr.com (maybe you can find it somewhere else also), paid about $199 ($167 for the part plus taxes and shipping). I followed the video instructions you have the link for. It took some patience to make sure I don't break any of the plastic parts that click together. After I did all that the video shows, I unscrwed the 13 screws that hold the  two boards to the pannel (one of the boards have a srew right in the  middle, so make sure you don't forget it,  the rest of the screws are around the boards). The two boards then are released. I placed the new boards on the place of the old ones, put back the 13 screws and put everything together.

Everything took about 30 min. Total cost - $199. 

Thanks again!

uservFPeC2WWCq
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same issue here and the machine is just out of warranty. Had several other issues fixed under warranty (mostly the top machine leaking and causing errors). This time Samsung wanted $100 just to come look at it so I opted to order the replacement board as well. Super simple to take off the control panel and replace the board. As others have said, literally 20 minutes and I was back up and running. Very happy since we have a two year old and a newborn so laundry is a way of life at the moment.

As for Samsung, I will literally never buy one of their products again. I don't think I got a lemon based on how many others are having the same issues as me. 

0 Likes
userK2qwCvLffH
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

@userM4SFcbZMOA

My Samsung flexwash washer is giving me the same error code. I just order the control board from partsdr.com although, I am a little afraid due to the bad reviews they have online. Did you have any issues with partsdr.com how long did it take for you to receive the board? Hope to get a response from you! 

0 Likes
useryY2lIJbq4R
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm glad I foud this thread.  My new samsung washer is flashing the same code. 18:8J.  Bottom washer will not power on.  The top one will power on but flashes 18:8J on the display screen for the bottom washer.  Trying to clarify...was the fix a control board under the display panel or the 2 control boards behind the washer?

0 Likes