JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher not turning on - error code 18:8J

(Topic created: 03-17-2019 02:27 AM)
user0mOTfGKfyh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please help. Only had this washer for about 5 weeks. Flexwash 2 in 1 combo. Will only power on from top washer. No response lower washer. When top wash turns on error 14 appears, both top and bottom washer screens turn on, then error 18:8J blinks along with the delay end button, self clean button, and smart connect button. The child lock icon in bottom display blinks, add garmet and self clean in top display blink. Tried unplugging, tried turning off child lock, it is not responsive to anything other than the top washer power button. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
44 Replies
userwgyoAkvN6b
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi Tam

the link you posted and the link on this website does not work! It says service not available. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Can you help me to find what's the contact info for repair center close to USA, zipcode 98008? 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Sure! The service center name is HNG Appliance. You can contact them directly at 206-775-7999

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userwgyoAkvN6b
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you Tam. One more question, based on the previous answers of other customers, seems the issue is related to the control panel board malfuntion. And due to the covid situation, I'm wondering if it is possible for sumsung to ship me a new panel board and I can do the replacement by myself? Asking service personal come to my home feel kind of risky during this period of time. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I definitely understand your concerns. The safety and health of our customers and service partners is our top priority. With me not being there to diagnose the unit, regretfully, I wouldn’t be able to provide an exact diagnosis on the cause of any symptoms. As far as sending you the part directly, I apologize but we would be unable to accommodate your request. I would recommend reaching out to the service center when you are ready to proceed with the service. You can also purchase a service manual from our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or visiting http://samsungparts.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useriiQz0tYibz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Even we are having the same issue, had twice within two years. Worst product to buy. Would never buy samsung products anymore and will share the same to my relatives & friends. 

I have been calling customer care for several days, but the service center guys never replied.