Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Flexwasher not turning on 18:8J

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much  userN2lJFknnEs,

I have slightly different problem as I get no error message the upper washer is just dead. It does not beep, light, hope, nothing.

This repair makes sense to me and the cost of appliance repair guy to actually troubleshoot this is expensive and spotty.  So $185 for OEM parts with shipping and taxes from GenuineRepairParts. I will log in again in a few days and share results sucess or fail for future readers. 

Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN2lJFknnEs Thank you for your post! 

I had the same issue happening to my washer. It is out of warranty so I had to either try to fix it myself, or pay to have it done.

I followed your instructions, ordered the part DC92-02104A from PartsDr.com (maybe you can find it somewhere else also), paid about $199 ($167 for the part plus taxes and shipping). I followed the video instructions you have the link for. It took some patience to make sure I don't break any of the plastic parts that click together. After I did all that the video shows, I unscrwed the 13 screws that hold the  two boards to the pannel (one of the boards have a srew right in the  middle, so make sure you don't forget it,  the rest of the screws are around the boards). The two boards then are released. I placed the new boards on the place of the old ones, put back the 13 screws and put everything together.

Everything took about 30 min. Total cost - $199. 

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here and the machine is just out of warranty. Had several other issues fixed under warranty (mostly the top machine leaking and causing errors). This time Samsung wanted $100 just to come look at it so I opted to order the replacement board as well. Super simple to take off the control panel and replace the board. As others have said, literally 20 minutes and I was back up and running. Very happy since we have a two year old and a newborn so laundry is a way of life at the moment.

As for Samsung, I will literally never buy one of their products again. I don't think I got a lemon based on how many others are having the same issues as me. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userM4SFcbZMOA

My Samsung flexwash washer is giving me the same error code. I just order the control board from partsdr.com although, I am a little afraid due to the bad reviews they have online. Did you have any issues with partsdr.com how long did it take for you to receive the board? Hope to get a response from you! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad I foud this thread.  My new samsung washer is flashing the same code. 18:8J.  Bottom washer will not power on.  The top one will power on but flashes 18:8J on the display screen for the bottom washer.  Trying to clarify...was the fix a control board under the display panel or the 2 control boards behind the washer?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exatcly the same problem on my 11-month old Samsung Flexwash WV55M9600AW.  18:8J blinks along with delay end button, self clean button and smart connect button.  Called Samsung Customer Service today and scheduled my service appointment for next Wednesday. Now, I am keeping my finger crossed with the hope this problem can be fixed. I will provide a follow up update and let you folks about the outcome of the Samsung's service.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have same issue in my brand new washer. it was not working at the time of delivery. Tech will swap its control board but I dont know how well to trust the samsung appliance now. I want to return it but each time their new delivery is either broken or damaged( already hapenned twice). I dont trust samsung appliance anymore.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The  warranty on my washer just expired a few weeks ago and I’m now getting the same failure.  Anyone know the part number for the control board?  I really can’t justify $800 to repair, so may attempt to do it myself.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVsWP50s6DZ   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm yet another unsatisfied customer with the 18:8J problem.  It seems like there might be a bigger issue going on if so many of these boards are going out.  After spending so much money on these appliances, you expect the parts, especially the electronics, to last.  Boards going out after 2 months to 2 years is crazy!  WIth so many people having the issue, it must be a manufacturing issue!  Samsung, will you please stand by your products and help us out?