cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Smoke and Burning smell from washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have smoking and burning rubber smell coming from the inside of my front load washer.  I am reading a lot of problems about this.  Sounds like a crappy machine.  Sorry I bought it.  A few years old.  I had to replace the dryer belt after 3 years.  Help.  What is wrong with my washer 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smoke and Burning smell from washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Does it give you any error codes on the unit? Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

We had the same problem yesterday. The washer was on the rinse/spin cycle and we started to smell burning. When we turned it off and opened the door, smoke was in the drum. This seems to be a common problem with these washers. I haven't seen a recall. This seems like a very dangerous problem that should be remedied by Samsung. Please help!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I talked to 2 people from Samsung on here.  I am thinking it is a faulty spider arm assembly but need to take it apart to see.  SAMSUNG REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING!!!!  They say out of warranty and will not do anything other than escalate it to make sure you were not stupid enough to keep using it and burn your house down.  They will only give you the number of someone that can repair it at all costs to you.  They will not pay for the service call, the technician, or the repair.  I lost my mind with them on the phone.  I will NEVER buy another washer and dryer from them again.  I recently bought all new appliances (not cheap) and my phone...all Samsung.  After this..I wish I bought from another company.  VERY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have talked to Samsung.  They are not fixing anything.  They say it is out of warranty and the owner is responsible to fix it.  I looked at several people online saying it is the spider arm assembly just falls apart.  This appears to be a faulty part.  Samsung says the owner will have to pay for the service call, part, and technician.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the washer onsite a service tech is sent out for further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No answer.  Still no one to help me.  And the people that do talk to me just say it is out of warranty and will not acknowledge the faulty part.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Washing machine, loud bang and drum filled with smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My front loader washing machine made a loud bang at the end of the spin cycle and then slowly came to a stop but there was a really pungent smoke smell in the laundry room. When I opened the door the drum was filled with acrid smelling smoke and all of the wet clothes stank of smoke.  I've turned the machine off and also shut down the breakers but am not sure what to do next.  It sounds like this is quite a common issue from other posts on this forum.  What should I do next?  Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

Wf316LAS/xaa Bang! Smoked, then popped breaker!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So in the middle of a wash, when bang!, popped breaked unit shut off, with water and laundry inside

I trouble shot this problem to MFS-FTWTHA-00 control board, but its no longer manufactured!! 

No one wants to service this as parts are not availible? Door is locked!!! HELP ME!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wf316LAS/xaa Bang! Smoked, then popped breaker!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately we would need to have a technician out to at the very least open the washer.  If you would like us to have that scheduled.  feel free to send me a private message.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.