cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXDMzoV80qp
Asteroid

Re: Front Load Washer: Bang! and then smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for writing this and explaining what’s actually going on. Yesterday ours did similar to what everyone’s washer did on this thread. No bang, but it did have loud squeaking and the smoke coming out when the door was opened. Our Samsung washer and dryer are about 9 years old, so I guess ours lasted longer than most, but it is frustrating knowing they could have just coated the part and increased it’s life. Especially after I just replaced the heating element in the dryer last year, and it should last a long time, but not the washer. 

userjZxZjqESie
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This also happened to me just the other night on our model WF209ANW/XAA, we heard a ban g from the other room, and then the whole tub was filled with plasticy smoke. Did they all fail this way?

userJ46e0cW96o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

My clothes washer

Model: WF218ANW/XAA

It was completing its sping cycle, we herad a noise and after going to check it we saw smoke coming from it. 

It is the same problem I have been seeing in the posts.

Is there a recall?

What is the solution?

Thank you

Highlighted
userC7p6burp8c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing just happened to us, except our washer will no longer turn, locking our wet clothes within. Terrifying smelling the smoke when I walked back in the house after being out on the deck. Our kids were upstairs sleeping! Need a solution to this problem right away. The scare of an electrical fire and losing everything has us shaken! 

userz1TxVipkSy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same experience with my washer tonight. It was very scary. It was banging and one of my children walked in to find smoke billowing out of the machine. Is this not a safety hazard? How can this machine not possibly be recalled?  My machine is less than 4 years old. 

I will never purchase a Samsung again. I am a busy mother of 4 who does laundry ALl the time and I am so thankful we were home when this happened. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userz1TxVipkSy, we would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjr1432ykwT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just did the same thing.  Samsung called and asked if anybody was injured or the house damaged.  As soon as I said no they informed me that the washer was no longer under warranty and advised me to call a repairman.  They offered no help, no suggestions, nothing.  I will never buy another samsung product.  In fact I'm going to go to the store I bought it from and mess some of them up so it hurts their profit they same way this hurt my wallet. 

userZrylJmtCiU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same thing happen to me and my washing machine is 8 years old. Losts of smoke when I opened the door. It was pretty scary.