cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDV0kTLrFLF
Astronaut

Washer model WF433BTGJWR/A1 - loud bang/rubber burnt smell - 2012 model - warranty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a front load washer model WF433BTGJWR/A1 that had a loud bang almost at the end of spinning cycle. Light smoke and burnt smell. After stopping it it seems to still rotate.

I called Samung care and they have arrange technicians to come by but not until few days later. Could this problem due to motor (10 years warranty)? If it is something else, not under warranty, then I might  go ahead and get someone else to come.

Thank you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer model WF433BTGJWR/A1 - loud bang/rubber burnt smell - 2012 model - warranty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I'm certainly glad no one was hurt and everything is ok! I want to look into this for you. Could you provide the serial number via private message?

Highlighted
user6HqN2pn2SA
Constellation

loud bang sound and smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer was running normally untill the last 2 minutes of spin cycle,  it made a loud bang sound and I stop it and opened the door to see white smoke and smell like rubber.  There is no any error code. What's wrong with it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: loud bang sound and smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Samsung_BWR4Ko3
Astronaut

Was it the belt?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was it the belt?

user6HqN2pn2SA
Constellation

Re: loud bang sound and smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For out-of-warranty products, transportation and shipping of the product to and from the service center is the customer's responsibility.

I think nothing Samsung can  do, so I will just purchase a new washer and throw this one.

userWKTn4zKDno
Constellation

Heard a loud bang then white smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a load of laundry, then heard a loud bang then saw a lot of white smoke. It smelled like burnt rubber. Smoke filled the tub. Please advise. I have unplugged it.

Samsung_2sGWxFt
Astronaut

Sounds like the belt probably broke off. You can easily t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like the belt probably broke off. You can easily take it apart to see if that's the problem. Shouldn't cost too much to fix as long as the belt breaking didnt cause any extra internal damage. The smoke was probably just the belt burning from friction build up after it had broken off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Heard a loud bang then white smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWKTn4zKDno

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userv03YK9AWn9
Constellation

Front Load Washer: Bang! and then smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My front load washer just mad an extremely loud bang during the final spin cycle and there was a slight rubber smell with smoke when I opened the door.  Is this something I can troubleshoot and fix myself?