cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Front Load Washer: Bang! and then smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a front load washer model WF337AAR that made a loud bang this morning and then when I stopped it and opened the door, light smoke filled the laundry room. Drum still rotated when I started it again briefly.

Thoughts? Something I can fix myself?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Front Load Washer: Bang! and then smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, that definitely doesn't sound good. Hope everything was ok, I'd like to have a member of our specialized team reach out to you. Mind shooting me a message with the below information? --> http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

201 REPLIES 201
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, that definitely doesn't sound good. Hope everything was ok, I'd like to have a member of our specialized team reach out to you. Mind shooting me a message with the below information? --> http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone NumberSmiley SadIf Available)
Place of Purchase:

Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have your WF219ANW XAA washer, its about 10years old i think.   it just started to shake badly for my wife.  I put it in rinse and spin cycle to get 3-4 gallons of water in it, then I spun the water out and saw the shaking and what looked like wobbling of the drum.   I went online, clean debris filter which needed cleaning was recommended.   repeated the test then drum shook more violently and then I had smoke and shut it down.

ken johnson 919 696 3294

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anyone get resolution on this? I am having the same issue, started a couple of days ago.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same issue...my machine is 9 years old...is it just wearing out? I am totally freaked out...just filled my house with smoke last night...this is a major issue...what should I do?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just did the same thing about 15 minutes ago.  I wish someone would update this thread with the cause/solution.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For this, we do recommend having a service tech take a look at the unit. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Front Load Washer: smoke it really bad!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our front load RVT washer is smoking really bad.  What is the issue? Looks like lots of people are having the same issue! It’s only 9 years old. What should we do?