Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung front load washer very loud sound and smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. Just happened to me as I was going to bed last night. Was SO scary! Huge bang. Everything on top of the washing machine fell over. Opened the door to a lot of smoke. Almost called the fire department. Stayed awake hours after just in case. Was too afraid to sleep for fear my home would catch fire. Why is this not recalled yet Samsung? Hmmm???????

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung VTR Plus also smoked and smelled. It looks like when it is in the spin cycle it rubs against the door boot which is rubber and that's what smoking. There rubber shavings all around the door when the wash is done. What do I do to repair this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The metal edge of the tub is rubbing into the boot and causing it to heat up and it's rubbing a groove into it. What parts need replacing that caused this?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can you please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into all options possible. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Front Load Washer: Bang! and then smoke

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer just went into the hispeed spin mode then made a horrible noise then stopped.  There was white smoke coming from the inside when we opend the door but no fire.  It smelled rubber or electrical.  Sounds like what others had experienced here.  What is the fix for this?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Is everyone okay?  If you could, please send me a private message so that I can assist you further?  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung,

I just had the same issue occur with my washer regarding the smoking and electrical/rubber smell coming from the dryer. The laundry room was filled with the smell and the smoke. This is obviously a known issue with multiple Samsung washers. I know the Samsung employee reading this messasge is not at fault, but this is irresponsible. Samsung is obviously aware of this issue on mutiple models of washing machines. This is a huge safety risk and a clear fire hazard. Thankfully there was no permanent damage to my home or people inside the home. Please reach out to me so Samsung can help me ensure that I have a safe and operable washer. Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Washing machine drum filled with smoke after loud bang.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer made a very loud noise at the end of the final spin cycle. When it stopped and I opened the door it was filled with smoke!! There was also smoke comi out the back through a vent.  I have read this comment from others as well.
Model WF448AAP/XAA 02 

How was this resolved. Very concerned as this is during Covid19 stay at home orders. I would appreciate feedback.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing machine drum filled with smoke after loud bang.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I definitely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please send me a private message with your full serial number. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK