cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wf316LAS/xaa Bang! Smoked, then popped breaker!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately we would need to have a technician out to at the very least open the washer.  If you would like us to have that scheduled.  feel free to send me a private message.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung front load washer smoking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, a few days ago, I noticed a burning smell in the house coming from the laundry room where the only appliance running was my Samsung Front Load Washer, Model #WF218ANW/XAA. There was about 6 mins left in the cycle and so I halted the cycle and as soon as I opened the door, smoke came out along with the smell of rubber burning. I have been scared to use it since as I'm worried about it starting a fire. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you

Highlighted
Constellation

My Samsung front load washer is smoking , what do I do ?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That sounds like quite the fire hazard, and seeing that it's a washer and not a dryer it's likely an electrical issue. I would try to get a new one.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Large Bang and then smoke during spin cycle. Front load Samsung Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing just happened to mine...what is the solution?
Highlighted
Constellation

Bang! Then smoke.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think my Samsung washer just died. 
model WF209ANWXAA

serial no <HIDDEN>

At end of spin cycle, machine gave a very loud BANG and then wound down to a stop. When I opened the door, quite a bit of light gray smoke came out and there was a burnt smell. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bang! Then smoke.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I'm glad no one was hurt! I would like for my specialized team to take a look into this. Please send me a private message with the following information:

-First and last name

-Email address

-Physical home address

-Best contact number

-Alt. contact number

-Bill of sale

-Place of purchase

**If you don't feel comfortable providing this information via online, you can call into 1-800-SAMSUNG for the same assistance**

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Front Load Washer smoking- Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today my washer completed it's cycle and made the chime but when I went into the laundry room I realized there was smoke in the room and it smelled terrible. I opened the washer door and boom a massive amount of smoke came pouring out. I haven't tried to run it again but need help on where to start to diagnose the issue model#WF209ANW/XAA 01

598FC57D-77B4-42AC-9769-D359DBD2E86D.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Front Load Washer smoking- Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your email address via private message?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Front Load Washer smoking- Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here - what solutions have people been offered? How cost effective is a repair vs buying a new machine?