cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFzBaQqk58C
Constellation

Front Load Washer WF42H5200A hums when try to start cycle.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Symptoms:

Select a cycle.  Press Start.  Hear three quick chimes, door lock,  and machine only hums. 

No residual water pumped out.  Just humming.  Only choice is to turn off to prevent potential damage.

Tried to calibrate.  See rotating lights on display but drum does not move.  Turned off to prevent damage. 

With power off, manual drum rotation has some resistance; slows quickly after remove hand.  Occasionally, will rotate with nearly no resistance.  Not sure if that's related to what I was doing with power on/off, etc.

Machine was professionally installed less than 3 years ago.

Machine is level.  Water supply is okay.  Cleaned water supply filters, debris filter.  Pump vanes are not blocked, but when spin by finger will go about 180 degrees, then feel magnetic force against rotation (normal?).

No error codes are given.

I see Test Modes listed in the Technical Information  booklet.  Is it advisable to try some tests?  Will failures result in error codes useful for further  correspondence, or am I at the mercy of a Technical Service visit?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userFzBaQqk58C
Constellation

Re: Front Load Washer WF42H5200A hums when try to start cycle.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:   Problem resolved.

Tech Service walked me through calibration.  Code C6 given: needs calibration.

While it did not calibrate when manually calling for calibration, the machine  next time calibrated as the first step when I initiated a new wash cycle.

Fixed!  Not sure why this would not calibrate when the problem first appeared, except perhaps that there were dry clothes in the washer!?  It calibrated with an empty washer.

Thanks, and I'm glad it was a quick resolution.  No cost.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have confirmed the unit is leveled, a Service visit would be the best option. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFzBaQqk58C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:   Problem resolved.

Tech Service walked me through calibration.  Code C6 given: needs calibration.

While it did not calibrate when manually calling for calibration, the machine  next time calibrated as the first step when I initiated a new wash cycle.

Fixed!  Not sure why this would not calibrate when the problem first appeared, except perhaps that there were dry clothes in the washer!?  It calibrated with an empty washer.

Thanks, and I'm glad it was a quick resolution.  No cost.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.