cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slama
Constellation

Front Load Washer won't start wf45h6300aw/a2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been fighting an issue for a few weeks now.

Our Washer won't start 90% of the time. My wife will load the clothes and then hit the Start button and recieve a beep back. Turning it on and off several times will sometimes get it to kick in and start going. Hitting the power button only changes the display to OFF, but it never turns off.

Being the IT guy/DIY guy that I am, I decided to try and research the issue and fix it. So far here's what I've done.

1. Removed the front panel and looked for moisture buildup. I didn't want to pry up the touch button's circuit board to check under there for moisture. Re-assembled the front panel and still gettign the same results.

2. Tried to use the diagnostics mode to see what it reported. Held the 2 childlock buttons and then hit power. All lights on and it seemed to be in Diag mode. However, turning the Dial does nothing. Hitting the Start/Pause button does nothing. Hitting power again just says OFF and doesn't actually turn off.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping this is under some extended warranty, but it seems like it's a PCB that needs to be repalced and not the drivetrain. It's just over 3 years old.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Front Load Washer won't start wf45h6300aw/a2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for confirming, repairs would be recommended. Please send us a private message with the serial number: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1 

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure you've tried this but just in case you haven't. Have you tried unplugging the unit for 10 minutes and then trying again?

Slama
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply Gill. Yes I have tried that. I have it plugged into a Surge strip now and I leave it in the off position between testing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for confirming, repairs would be recommended. Please send us a private message with the serial number: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1 

View solution in original post

Slama
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Message sent. Thanks for your consideration.

SMV2017
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer started doing the same thing. Has yours been fixed?  What was the issue?

usere54PMLgvtq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Instead having every single "SOLUTION" in this  thread across google searches is all of you saying "Send us a message"--how about you post an actual SOLUTION or something every person looking in forums can at least try?!

user1LUZL0AXd6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, am having same problem. Please share.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1LUZL0AXd6: What's the model of your washer? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1LUZL0AXd6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer control pad stopped responding nearly a year ago. At first it was intermittent but escalated quickly. I can no longer change out of active wear. I can't change heat level or anything. It does power up and the start/pause button works. The display lights up as normal and will show the amount of time remaining. It just does not respond to my finger. It sometimes also runs much longer than necessary; it will show that there is still over an hour remaining long after the load is dry. Just recently, I had a load that just wouldnt dry. I had to keep turning it on. That did, however, seem to be an isolated load. The model number is DV457GVGSWR/AA 02. Serial number is <HIDDEN>.

The washer just started doing this. I just put another load in the washer and it was even more difficult to start, it would just do a single beep and nothing, no error code or anything. Again, the washer model number is WF457ARGSWR/A2 and serial number <HIDDEN>.

Your assistance is very much appreciated!