JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 02-08-2021 06:21 PM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

129 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

@user3mK0rmSJTY   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a picture of the panel lettering, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ElectricTraveler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

so what are some methods to preven this from happening?

received a new washer today

there some protective film that can be applied?

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This will require service. If you are located in the US and the unit is within the 1-year warranty the service will be covered under the warranty.

If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

If the unit is not a US model, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

A service tech came out to replace the front panel and the part with the lettering was not there. Tech ordered new front panel and will return once it arrives. 

0 Likes
usercOZ0qAcI8a
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just bought this front loading washer for $799 from a local store. The writing is coming off the control panel about a month later. Crazy and totally dissatisfied with Samsung's response. They do not cover "cosmetic" repairs. So ridiculous to pay that much money and have it so poorly made. DONT BUY THISIMG_7375.JPG

0 Likes
userYBPYcgKGyN
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Letters are rubbing offPXL_20210109_194732801.jpg

PXL_20210109_194703661.jpg

PXL_20210109_194505884.jpg

Lettering starting to wipeoff on Dryer alsoLettering starting to wipeoff on Dryer also

Washer. Also smudging on this same lettering on DryerWasher. Also smudging on this same lettering on Dryer

PXL_20210109_194232376.jpg

Ramzey67
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words for the washer dial settings wipe off.  I noticed this when I got the washer March 2019, but didn't make a big deal, but it's getting worse.  I am happy to share photos and any additional details you may need.

userd7wdguqV7I
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Apparently this comment is all too true: "If you are located in the US". I have this problem with my 8 month old washer and contacted Samsung support in Canada. I was told this was considered a "maintenance issue" and was not covered by the warranty. I don't know, letters wearing off within 8 months of normal use sounds like a manufacturing defect to me. I guess I'm out of luck because Samsung only values US customers.20210206_110525.jpg

0 Likes
Ramzey67
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Disappointed with the quality of a laundry product that would have what Samsung deems a “cosmetic defects” within less than a year from touching or cleaning the control panel with a dry cloth.  I was  insulted by a recommendation from the Samsung rep to print a template of the labels from the manual and tape it on the washer so I would know where each wash setting is.  My daughter and best friend both have the same washer—one purchased before me and one after, yet neither have this issue.  My daughter wipes hers down with Clorox wipes and her labels don’t smear or wipe off.  Yet, I literally cannot touch the area with the control labels with my dry hands for fear of further smearing.  I had a whirlpool duvet washer and dryer for 12 years and the labels did not smear off. BTW, the Samsung dryer labels are intact.  Go figure.

Ramzey67_1-1614687524710.jpeg

0 Likes
useruCuYRuEUro
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washer 1 year out of warranty and lettering smearing off. This was an expensive product. It’s only two of us so maybe two loads a week. That is 200 loads and the lettering is coming off. How can I get this repaired?

0 Likes