JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 11:09 AM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

129 Replies
deekie
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Saw
0 Likes
userpsumcDFjKN
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I bought a brand new Samsung Washing Machine in April 2021 and the words are smearing right off of the control panel. I can’t even see the power symbol now. Why is this happening? I feel like it should be covered under any warranty since it is brand new. I have included the make and model information in the attached picture as well as an example…

61CC26B8-686C-4E90-A7F5-1E16B368C72E.jpeg

image.jpg

0 Likes
userwzZTm0NCML
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

WF45T6000AW/A5 print smearing off.  Less than 12 months old.

4950886D-B64D-4024-BC92-766FF729EFA7.jpeg

Samsung_74ESGyw
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The writing is smearing off on the panel of the washing machine? Y and how can this be resolved.

0 Likes
Kathy59
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
That is so strange, I would definitely contact the maker of the appliance !
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I would love to assist you with this issue, Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number for better assistance. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usermuvAwFFMLM
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought washer at Lowes on July 4th sale 2 years ago,  front panel has the words disappearing or smeared like they are wet magic marker ... very strange.  What can we do.  Words like quick wash and active wear are affected.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no! That's not cool! The cause of the letter smearing can occur if there were any harsh chemicals that were used during the time of cleaning or if you scrub too hard this can cause the removal of the protecting sealant and letters will smear.  In order to resolve this,  it would definitely require service. Samsung does not sell labeling separately. The entire face would have to be replaced. To obtain estimates for getting this repaired, as this more than likely will be considered as cosmetic damage, which is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty,  please click the following link to find a local service center in your area.: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

If you'd like for our moderators to look into your situation a little further please feel free to send a private message to me or any moderator by clicking our name and then hitting the message option. We will be happy to review this on a case-by-case basis. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3ewHlbgtA0
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same issue for me. I20210929_112209[1].jpg think fabric softener removes the words.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I can definitely understand the frustration with your unit lettering smearing. Let's see what we can do about resolving this. Do you use anything to wipe the unit down? Can you provide with your full model number?

0 Likes