JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 07-25-2018 06:04 PM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

118 Replies
userCCP6ufWzOi
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

This seems to be a problem with a wide variety of models mine is a WF45K6200A same issue. Not even 6 months old waiting to see what they will do under warranty.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrORPzcPxNw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

How can a moderator "accept" a solution which is just a reference to customer service that will do nothing to repair it or comply with the warranty. They just told me it was a cosmetic problem. Right, I don't think so.

lgreen2u
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

my letters are smearing as well . . .

Mark_H
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Add mine to the list...

10 month old Front Load Washer,  a bunch of letters dissapeared at some point.  

Am I best off calling in to open a service request or submit to the online "Digital Service Request"?  Ironically my dryer (also 10 months old) decided to start the "doesn't stop tumbling" problem last night...yeah!

Thanks.

user4odgjOCHUs
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Well here I am a couple years after the first post. Samsung has continued to make a washer with this known issue, and won't provide any support. My washer is less than 6 months old and letters have either smeared or wiped off!! Why would you sell a appliance that can't be wiped down, this is gross. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance. They continue to make a poorly manufactured product and won't stand behind it. 

user9fTv4xVzjF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Im having the same issue and was told its "cosmetic". Yea, that affects the functionality. After 9 months im supposed to use a sharpie to write the letters on? You obviously do not stand behind your products. Screenshot_20191229-135226_Twitter.jpg

20191229_135519.jpg

20191229_135525.jpg

userXeXP0W6E6X
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is annoying having to figure out how to keep the settings from smearing on my not so cheap front loader. Is there a solution yet? Besides trying to write where the letters use to be.

079B1BA2-72A8-4D8F-B331-D13FDE014CE2.jpeg

F5B833B7-D6F4-4F33-9E86-96934B1AED76.jpeg

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFFIVxIqdhT
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Don't bother filling out their form unless your washer is still under warranty. They just tell you to call their service providers as if this is a service issue, probably costing a couple of hundred dollars. Learn your lesson and don't buy another Samsung.