JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 07-25-2018 06:05 PM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

118 Replies
userlnd1MsG9v7
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same problem as others here.  Washer is only two months old.  Ridiculous!!!  Whatever happened to decent workmanship??  Big rip off they won't fix it.  I plan on insisting on a fix.  Others should do the same.  These companies get away with shoddy products like this.  

PapaPrinceton
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I agree and make sure you have pictures before the repair if it happens three times it is a lemon in most states.

@userlnd1MsG9v7 wrote:

I am having the same problem as others here.  Washer is only two months old.  Ridiculous!!!  Whatever happened to decent workmanship??  Big rip off they won't fix it.  I plan on insisting on a fix.  Others should do the same.  These companies get away with shoddy products like this.  

userB9JvjPtQpE
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

TO ANYONE READING THIS FORUM, THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION. I bought my washer and dryer from samsung in april 2018 and in june 2018 the paint began to come off. We have not abused or misused the machine at all, or contrary to the manual however the paint is coming off. Samsung has repeatedly told me this is cosmetic damage, it is not cosmetic damage they are using some kind of water soluable sreen print paint to add these menus and it does not hold up at all. As you can see on this forum there are multiple models this affects. I expected a lot more from a $1500 washer dryer pair and will not be buying any samsung appliances ever again. Samsung even attempted to refer me to their "partner" that sells a protective film. They are aware of the problem and refuse to do anything. If you are lucky enough to read this before buying dont buy. They want to charge you even if you are in warranty. Never thought I would have to check the type of paint on the control panel when buying a washer and dryer, but that is now on my list when researching. Images are attached. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1mNXRSrZ8M-_e2JHto-QhnvQJNRd1k41p

userF6ADWTpEsV
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Who is the partner that sells the protective film? I'd like to get that before all my lettering is gone.

0 Likes
userI1w3ABTKK2
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
I sent a PM, but how do I insert the photo?
userrORPzcPxNw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

How can a moderator "accept" a solution which is just a reference to customer service that will do nothing to repair it or comply with the warranty. They just told me it was a cosmetic problem. Right, I don't think so.

user76A6z61Yip
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same thing happening to ours (WM4270HVA)

Photo here

useronk0h1ESom
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

All the letters on my 2 week old washer came off in June , I did get them to replace the the panel at their charge, but guess what their all coming off again a few months later and the washer completed stopped working all together last night with my daughters soccer uniform stuck in it with dirty water! We are waiting for them to triage the washer and will get a call back  in 2-3 days! Since when do you triage a washer!! This washer is 3 months old!!! 

userWw9X0GAzbx
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is the worst of the worst.  I have had my machine for 3 years.  Nothing has changed here.  All the sudden the settings labels are all smearing off.   My moderator told me to click on the link and order a decal.  Right.  They don't sell a decal.  As I  had read earlier they only sell the panels.  

I replied to the moderator the following information:

I see this is a popular topic on the community forum.  Just so you know, they do NOT sell a decal.  You have to buy a whole new front panel. Disappointing because I see others with a wide range of models have the same issue.  I have owned several brands of washer dryers and never have I had a settings label smear off the panel. Even though I have to order a new panel, there are no garantees the new panel will not deteriorate 2 weeks after I pay to install it.

This is a big big bad deal.

I'll do my best to be sure my circle of friends don't get caught in this trap.

Next stop is Facebook.

Engineer_Lou
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same problem with my Samsung Dryer.

All of a sudden, this year, the front labels for the settings have smeared off!

I purchased my washer and dryer in 2010.

Steam Dryer Model: DV419AGU/XAA

Tried to get a replacement panel last year when things were still readable  on the panel and 

received a message back from the parts department that the panel was not available.

Yesterday the ink came off one side of the panel and now is unreadable.

What I need is a new Selection Decal to stick on the front. 

A simple solution to the inking problem talked about here.

My dryer is shown as made in Korea, so that is were the manufacturing defect originated.

There should be a "Class Action Suit" againt Samsung, since the problem is a definite Manufacturers Defect in the inking process.