JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 12-27-2016 11:50 AM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
140 Replies
AtibaW
Product Expert
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will set you up with one of our @samsungmoderator for further assistance.

0 Likes
Options
Washers and Dryers

same thing happened to my refrigerator above the drawers.  apparently this happens on all the appliances.  

0 Likes
userTffQ2TSKGl
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung Australia have said the same, not their problem to deal with! ACCC has been sent all details to investigate here in Australia. Samsung Washer.jpg

0 Likes
userjYV5Egw2di
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We have the same washer and I have the same problem. Trying to deal with Samsung Australia now. I have mentioned going to the ACCC. They accused me of using abrasives! 

0 Likes
userkrzEaE05Aw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My purchased new less than 8 month old Washing Machine (WF42H5000A) Text is smearing quite badly.  Note picture. IMG_5366.JPG

0 Likes
Stanl105
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Brand new washer (less than 4 months old) and the black lettering on the faceplate is rubbing off.  It comes off as easily as a dry erase marker on a white board.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this for you and pictures of your symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Stanl105
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

UPDATE:

Samsung has responded and advised it is only a "cosmetic issue" and it is not covered under warranty. They suggested I purchase new letters or a new front plate assembly on a 4 MONTH OLD WASHER. I guess Samsung appliances come with lettering that can be wiped off as a feature and is not a defect from the factory. Last I knew, lettering on an appliance should not be able to be rubbed off. 

This is not the only instance of Samsung's appliances having letters wiped off and you will see Samsung suggests the same thing to each person on this community. It's sad to see Samsung treat customers who purchase any product like this. 

This is also not my only issue with Samsung appliances. It took 1 month and 4 replacements of washers and dryers to finally get brand new items without any type of damage (front control panels hanging off, sides of units caved in, gouges in the units, paint missing). Each one of these was in the plastic wrap and stryrofoam when taken off the truck. I watched each come off, and be unwrapped, from the truck straight from the factory with the damage. On my current unit (the final replacement for my dryer), I was told by a representative that I would not be getting any other replacements and what showed up would be what was left. Luckily, the company I purchased the items through was persistant with Samsung on getting a non-damaged unit to my doorstep.

I previously would recommend the Samsung brand, but after the large amount of issues and POOR customer service I will gladly recommend anybody else. These will be my final appliances from Samsung.

0 Likes
userUbiaQ8c2fm
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Do they really sell lettering???? Because the control panel cover is about $130 plus shipping. Now if they make a nice sticker, that would be great. They have done this before to hide no working features. You can get that for free for a few models. But have not seen any lettering other than that. 

0 Likes
userKNZGzznXqK
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We have a washer less then 6 months old and the letters are coming off the panel!? How can anyone use it if you can't see it. It is still under warranty. 

0 Likes