JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front load washer control panel words are smearing

(Topic created: 12-27-2016 11:50 AM)
userKEkzEgAPKo
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The words on my front load washer are smearing so badly that I can't read some of thme. I believe I need a new panel.  Is this a problem that has happened before? I believe it should be covered under warranty. How can I get this fixed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
129 Replies
Samsung_Jdx0xct
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

15964903818859006010408859340099.jpg

15964904160425301205907648686042.jpg

15964904401311016565841884109806.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is going to require service. You can use the following link to locate a service center near you:https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroL1SYY5Eca
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

so how much to service an out of warranty washer for this problem of soluble ink?  Seems like a big design flaw for something that is going to come into contact with detergent, wet clothes, and stain remover on a weekly basis.  Mine is the same model as the one above and my whole left side is smeared because I wiped up stain remover overspray immediately after it happened.  First time I've ever bought a washer brand new and I'm upset that the 30yr old hand me downs never had this problem but your unit does. 

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

What I thought was dirt on my washer and when I wiped it off turned out to be the lettering around the control knob smeared.20200826_155329.jpg

0 Likes
userTFQeHrP0ey
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
v try to make a phone call
0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Who do you suggest I call?

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have not called anybody. I went to Samsung website and did a chat session. 

Should I have called somebody, If so what is the number?

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just got off a chat session with Samsung and they advised it was cosmetic and was not covered under warranty. This unit was purchased in March 2020 5 months old and ink on the control panel smears

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Not sure if this was caused by the Costco ECO laundry soap or the Downy softner. My wife bought powered bleach so I know it was not caused by the bleach getting on the lettering. You would think that the ink they use would standup to laundry soap and or softner. 

0 Likes
user3mK0rmSJTY
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This issue still has not been resolved. Is there some replacement lettering that can be purchased if it is not going to be covered under warranty on a 4 month old washer. 

0 Likes